RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 2014 Aug 22 - Sep 1

That makes perfect sense.  I prefer the larger profile, more flutter and more flash and more body and stays more true behind the flasher/blade. 

But I am sure both work just fine.......I worked at B-E Tackle for years back in the banner years.....Most of this stuff (especially all the bizarre colors) are designed to hook the fisherman, not the fish. 

I remember one old guy that never fished or bought ANYTHING other than various size black and silver Rapala.  Various sizes, floater, countdown, etc, etc.  He never fished with a spoon, fancy colors, dodgers, etc, etc ever.  He caught as many fish as anyone else, and won the spring derby one year also. 

Also looks like it was put on the harness backwards. Lol. But it was producing, if it is not broke, don't fix it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Huh! You're right! I guess that just goes to show that they will work either way! That fly was slim to begin with, but it seemed to work just fine!

I hope you two had a great vacation. Sure sounds like you did. Thank you for sharing your weeks experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts. They were awesome. They provided much inspiration to get out there and chase those great fish around. We did well and alot the reason why was following your posts..GREAT JOB,!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nick,

Thank you for your answers. I will need to look up that scale in a couple of minutes. Question three was more dirrected to the swivel base on the stern just to your left, my right looking at you.in the photo.

Nick,

Thank you for your answers. I will need to look up that scale in a couple of minutes. Question three was more dirrected to the swivel base on the stern just to your left, my right looking at you.in the photo.

Oh in the steelie photo... havent used it in years. When I first bought the boat, we tried a center rigger.. it tangled constantly. We have dreams of finding a grill we can mount to it... maybe one day.

Nick and Theresa - A big "thanks" for sharing your Lake O fishing experiences online with us. The videos add a great added dimension - especially for those folks stuck at home or work :lol:   Glad things (conditions) finally improved for you at the end.

I think it is on backwards, now that you mention it and I look at the photo.  Hey, maybe backwards is the new forward?  Who knows.

I have one of those flies. Being that it was tied by a Mr. Pohanche from PA :), it doesn't have enough material, the material isn't long enough, and the stem is too long to flip it the other way. I tried it!!!!

In either case it works the way it is. ...and the price was most definitely right!

I have one of those flies. Being that it was tied by a Mr. Pohanche from PA :), it doesn't have enough material, the material isn't long enough, and the stem is too long to flip it the other way. I tried it!!!!

In either case it works the way it is. ...and the price was most definitely right!

I think of it as my smelt fly, instead of an alewife! Edited by Ruff Rider

I put together a video of the action of some of the lures we use most often and how they act underwater. I should have placed them closer to the camera, but I was afraid less than three feet away would damper the action.