Instant Fishing reports Tweets

You know that twitter posts are limited to 140 characters that include spaces. It does not leave much room to post a full report.  Most Capts have a setting where it links all there social media together into one post so they only have to type once.  So what might look like advertising to you probably is because that post is also on there Facebook page which is advertising.

140 characters stopped at Capts in my post.  Just so you see how many characters you can actually type on twitter.  The problem I have with it is if I was paying for a charter I certainly would not want to see the Capt on his cell phone making a post every 10 minutes about how great the fishing is.  I would ask for my money back...

Not for nothing, but when it started on Lou their seemed to be no problem and I'm pretty sure the tweeter word count hasn't changed. I admit I don't do it often enough, but like you said my attention is on fishing.

Like Brian said.....Its tough to post while your out in the heat of it.....I try not to use my phone a lot. The idea of giving your people your undivided attention and effort. Now with that said, the tweets are very important and really assist with other guy's plans. I still consider myself a weekend warrior...My land gig puts me on a 4 on 2 off so I get to go out in the middle of the week a lot.  Recently I have been fishing the fence with no cell service. All my tweets have been done dock side....I'm all for giving up info on what lures have been hot, what types of presentations, and even general vicinity.  As far as exact locations, that is the challenge with Lake O sport fishing. The thrill of the chase....Tight lines Guys.

I looked at the twitter reports for the first time only a few days ago and it just gave me the feeling that it was a section for charters to show off their catch. 180 charicters is a waste of time if you ask me.  Besides that, lure presentation changes daily on big o, unless the weather and wind stays consistent for more than three or four days.

Seems facebook is just an advertisement for charters also. I guess these media outlets would be good for some but I get much more pleasure out of figuring it out on my own.

Good luck to all.