Fishing off the break wall in Oswego

I was wondering if anybody has ever done any fishing off the break wall in oswego. I attended suny oswego and over the course of the four years I attended, sadly I only fished a handful of times. One of the time while fishing on the breakwall I recall seeing two anglers not to far from us landing some pretty big fish. It was towards the end of September so I'm assuming they were salmon or trout. With many of my friends still attending the college, I plan on visiting often in the coming months, and would like to fish. So does anybody have any fishing information at all when it coming to fishing in oswego around the college?

Thanks!!

I used to fish for salmon off the wall at night. Glow casting spoons worked well. We caught a lot of salmon that way. Had my car broke into twice there, so I quit going there years ago. Last straw was a huge rock thru my window that snapped off my console shifter, all for a radar detector. Had to climb under the car to shift it. Car didn't even have 10,000 miles on it, so i was quite mad about that.

That break wall fishing can be hot once the salmon are in.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

this mite help you. ?

visitoswegocounty.com                                                                                                                                                 

Ron

I used to fish for salmon off the wall at night. Glow casting spoons worked well. We caught a lot of salmon that way. Had my car broke into twice there, so I quit going there years ago. Last straw was a huge rock thru my window that snapped off my console shifter, all for a radar detector. Had to climb under the car to shift it. Car didn't even have 10,000 miles on it, so i was quite mad about that.

That break wall fishing can be hot once the salmon are in.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the response, very encouraging to hear. I am sorry about your misfortune while fishing out there, would be willing to bet that it was not college kids, but some punk townie kids. I myself have had some unpleasent associations with them while I attended the college. Anyways, what time of year would you go out there on the wall and fish/when do the salmon tend to get in there? Also, what kind of tackle/gear did you use? My outfit is a medium action rod and reel combo with 12lb test line, with a 6in steel leader. Will this stand a chance if i was to hook into a salmon or trout in there?

That will work, have a reel that holds at least 200 yds of new 12 lb mono or braid.Med action 81/2 or 9 ft rod would be perfect.Get a bunch of 3/4 oz. green ,blue and firetiger perch coler little Cleo's and moonshine glow spoons,you will lose spoons , most salmon I hook hit near bottom on a slow retrieve. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah when he says lots make sure you have a dozen so you can keep fishing sometimes you won't loose one and sometimes the current will drag a bunch into the rocks can remember the coho s flockin into Webster pier and hookin dozens in no time was fun years ago when I had less to do have fun good luck

When I used to fish it, we started labor day and fish thru to mid Oct. Night fishing and then first 2 hours of morning. After that it's a waste of time. We would show up just before dark, fish all night until 9:00 am.

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app