Where to buy new trolling motor?

I've had about enough of my old 9.9hp gamefisher. I'm trying to find a 4stroke 9.9hp trolling motor that won't break the piggy bank. Anyone have any suggestions where to look?

I've checked the big name stores like cabelas and gander, but I'm hoping there are better deals to be found elsewhere.

Nick

Honestly I think your best bet is to look around for a new leftover model. Last year I bought a hight thrust yamaha 9.9 with electric start for about 2000. It was a leftover that never sold but was still brand new in the box. The 3 year warranty starts from when you buy it not what model year it is. It really depends on what price range you are looking at. I will happily do a lil searching for ya on the web if you tell me what you are looking for.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll look into some of the sites provided. Money is tight this year, so I was hoping to keep it under 2k.

Al, I figure I go through about 30 spark plugs a year at $3 a piece, that's only $100 :) It's the leaning over the water to change it out in the lake that gets me nervous...

Nick

You could try Northeast Marine in Dickson City Pa, just off of 81N at the end of the Pa turnpike. Business is operated by Dave from Team Screamer/ATOMIK and a Merc dealer with good inventory. Friend of mine bought a 9.9 hp long shaft 4stroke there this winter and it was in your price range... Dave is good guy to deal with and understands the needs of a Lake O fisherman, he ought to with so many Lake Cup's under his belt!