my first king on underwater camera!

Super Cool!  Wondering the same as Frogger, The more the flasher action became erratic, the more the fish seemed to get excited. Change of speed or maybe a turn, Anyway, Very nice work, Been waiting all day to see the clip and did not disappoint- CONGRATS

little crappie, i'll snap i pic of it tomorrow..very easy to make. i'm running 25lb big game. Yea maybe the speed is what is really helping, in the next videos the SD isnt spinning like crazy and they check it out but not interested in stricking

I think the noise you are getting is from the actual downrigger clip rubbing against the housing of the camera.  When it's taught from pressure of the lure in the clip the cable to the clip is right up in the face or lens of the camera.  As it moves back and forth with waves, it's rubbing against the housing of the camera and creating that noise.  After the fish released the lure the sound went away and you could see the downrigger release clearly in the lens frame.  If you played around with where you mount the camera or where you have your downrigger release on the cable it might help with the sound.... could have potentially driven some of those fish off instead of getting them to bite. 

Pretty cool though - thanks for sharing and definitely post how you mounted it!

Looks like you could mount a Blacks right above the camera, You may have an issue with angle, but you guys captured some great footage. But crap now I gotta go camera shopping-  Thanks for the vids

You should clean that up and patent that idea.  I would purchase one from you.  

Thanks for the pictures.  The footage was great.  I was wondering about the lighting down that deep.  

The gopro and accessories are great.  The battery life sucks but what can you do.  We mounted one on the net this weekend.  Not sure how the footage came out but we will have a video at the end of the season.  I think I read the case is good to 60 meters so they are pretty tough.  

Great stuff - thanks for sharing. It makes me want to run more fixed cheaters only 5-10 feet above my lowest bait and/or Mupped rigs after seeing so many of the fish hang out above the bait.

Thanks so much for the footage!

Chris

Seems to me it was " sizing it up" before striking it. Sd was generatig all the noise. I would tighten up your rod to your release, and see if it it stilll there. Possibly mono generates the noise from the stretch?  Nice Video! Learned a lot in 15 mins! Noise seemed to have no negtive effects, excepet for us thinking it should. Personally, I would work on reducing the noise, but maybe thats what is bringing them in....? 

We make a line of lures that rattle, and I believe that noise is what makes them hot.... Maybe some noise is good? None the less, this was a good video to learn from! Really nice job. Gonna have to get one! I can see the potential allready.

Thank you for posting it. 

Jason