my first king on underwater camera!

so I mounted my go pro to my downrigger back and have fished with it a few times and will no luck, either that rod didn't fire or the camera angle was way off. Well yesterday we got it ! and its pretty cool to see it actually happen, the fish took 5 shots at it and missed a minute before it actually got the hook. I haven't edited it down yet so you cant just skip thru the dead footage and here are the times you will see something 

4:20 a nice fish darts in from the right and misses it

13:55 a nice fish comes in on the left of the bait and takes a peak

14:25 here is the action, comes up and strikes at it atleast 5 times

15:25 Fish on!

fished out of olcott yesterday and this was in 250 fow 58ft down in 44degress

0:18 in and 8:10 is a really cool shot of a fish checking out the other SD 

Nice Carl!

I have the Troll Pro have not used it yet because I'm kind of nervous about all that extra stuff going on around the ball if it will affect strikes. I think what we are going to do is get some lead, oops I mean steel, and fill the front of the troll pro housing with it and use it as the down rigger ball.

I have the Troll Pro have not used it yet because I'm kind of nervous about all that extra stuff going on around the ball if it will affect strikes. I think what we are going to do is get some lead, oops I mean steel, and fill the front of the troll pro housing with it and use it as the down rigger ball.

I had mine out yesterday and had three hits and then slowed down. I took it off thinking it was affecting the bite, never took another shot.

I did paint mine flat black. It will affect your hits in that you need to put the lure about two feet away in order to see it, and some fish get spooked that close to the ball.