Eyes Out Of The Catt

mostlymuskies

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Frank .....!!! If your divers are twisting on the way down, you're letting them out too fast. Are you using wire divers or mono divers?

Thanks Mike. I did not know there was a difference as to wire or mono dipseys.  I got the number 1 Luhr Jensens. They did not say wire or mono on the package.   

HI Frank ...... What makes a diver wire or mono is the line you run it on..... a "mono" diver is run on monofiliment line. monofiliment line will only get your diver so deep(like 50 feet down), and mono stretches like crazy so the diver can be difficult to release from the boat. A "wire" diver is just a regular diver run on wire line... you can get wire diver rigs as deep as 100 feet if you let out enough wire line. I stopped running mono divers 15 years ago. To run a wire diver you have to dedicate a reel to wire line, and the rod should have a twilli tip (google it)..... it's a spring wire tip that has to be glued onto a rod after removing the "regular" tip. Dedicated Wire divers and rods can completely save a fishing outing. They are well worth the investment.

I've been fishing out of Sandy creek 3 times this week...... Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I've landed 4 kings 15 Browns and one laker in those outings, and every fish has come on a wire diver! My rigger has not produced one hit in those 3 outings!

HI Frank ...... What makes a diver wire or mono is the line you run it on..... a "mono" diver is run on monofiliment line. monofiliment line will only get your diver so deep(like 50 feet down), and mono stretches like crazy so the diver can be difficult to release from the boat. A "wire" diver is just a regular diver run on wire line... you can get wire diver rigs as deep as 100 feet if you let out enough wire line. I stopped running mono divers 15 years ago. To run a wire diver you have to dedicate a reel to wire line, and the rod should have a twilli tip (google it)..... it's a spring wire tip that has to be glued onto a rod after removing the "regular" tip. Dedicated Wire divers and rods can completely save a fishing outing. They are well worth the investment.

I've been fishing out of Sandy creek 3 times this week...... Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I've landed 4 kings 15 Browns and one laker in those outings, and every fish has come on a wire diver! My rigger has not produced one hit in those 3 outings!

Another good tip.  Thanks Mike!