On the Fritz I-BAY 8/24-26 with LOC King

Annually fishing trip  for the last 28 years.  This year my Father, Uncle and cousin. 

Sat - fished in tight for browns the bite was hot 17 for 18.  Could not break that 10lb mark but lots of fun.  20-50ft of water just west riggers down 10-40ft.  Slim chartreuse Stinger was the hot spoon along with the green dolphin. 

Sun - Went deep 500ft of water NW in search of kings and we found them along with a boat load of steelhead.  Went 15 for 25 with multiple doubles and one triple, the steelhead and the kings were very aggressive and managed to tear up some of our tackle hence 10 missed fish. The hot lure were the green dolphin with gold back.  Kings came from 46-90ft down. and the steelhead were from 20-70ft.   At about 1pm we hit a nice fish off the 70 rigger my uncle grabbed the rod after a  a sea battle and near miss at the net we boated a 29lb 15oz king!  My scale showed 31lb + but after a long run and a drive it lost some weight. The "On the Fritz" fishing does it again with its 3rd LOC fish of the year out of I-Bay! 

Mon - headed out to the same # 's heard knocking in the 1 year old  outdrive, throttled back turned around and limped here in.  The boat lived up to its name. Had two more days planned but hat will be a season ender for me. 

Good luck,

Eric

post-146685-0-82257700-1409008560_thumb.jpgpost-146685-0-56380100-1409008519_thumb.pngpost-146685-0-49062400-1409008090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chinooker

Fishing stunk today. I just typed up a whole breakdown of temp in both 50 flow and six miles offshore then "unfortunately lOU stopped" before I could post. I'm not in the derby so don't care...anyway here's the short inaccurate version: zero-20' 67-63°, 25-35' 55°, 35-50 47° , 50' on down 43° so set riggers and divers up high and 4 color core still slow bite went 0/3 with closest fish to boat a small steelhead lost in rigger line tangle.... slow day you didn't miss out at the I bay today. Anyone else have better success?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes congrats on the derby fish! I bumped into on the fritz as they were pulling out at I bay launch...mechanical issues a bummer for sure. Definitely need to head way north today as I found w/my temp probe 6 miles out and still no good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah I had a slow day out of Rochester today. Had one good flurry of steelhead and browns about 75 down over 350 feet of water and then one 12 pound king in 300 feet but from 11am to 2pm didn't move a rod. Ended roughly 6/12 all on spoons of rigger. Dipsys with meat and ff didnt get touched

F 1975 -1979

Ray, thanks for your service! I am proud to be able to live in our great free country, I give credit to and appreciate all service men, women... My son just enlisted he is headed to Georgia, army basic in a month.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Damn that sucks sorry to hear that. That is just wrong. Must be something in the air i blew my car up driving to work Monday morning. Old timing chain finally let loose with no warning......yup not good. Good luck to you!