Hi All,

I'm hauling my boat all the way down from Sudbury this (Labour Day) weekend. I'm looking for some advice... Bluffer's or Credit. I would assume Credit but this year is so messed up (up on Manitoulin where I fish too). Bluffer's is very close to family so I would prefer to launch there... but I will not bother fishing it if locals would advise not on recent activity. Also, any idea how far from Bluffer's to Credit by water? Is there a good as spot closer? Last year I fished Bluffer's on August long with spoons (biggest 32lbs)... Is the spoon bite still happening? All replies are much appreciated!

I'm looking to go also. I was there a month ago. It was slow. Nothing over 20lbs. Do u know where they spawn over there? If the big ones are hitting it's not worth the trip

I'm not local so don't take my word for it (others will surely correct) but I think they go up the Credit and Humber for sure and even heard the Don.

Edited by Fishntacl

I was out of the Credit last weekend. On Saturday we never moved a rod and I fished from 50 to 180fow. Most of the guys getting fish were out in 250 to 350fow. On Sunday the two friends I took out were only interested in a big King so I stayed in tight. Moved from 30 to 50fow and concentrated on the trench that runs out at the back of the Ridgetown. Marked some stagers off there and hooked up with one but they lost it. I've been fishing Port Credit for 35 years and never seen it this slow! 

Lots of fish moved out was there yesterday got a dozen small ones and one 7lber all on spoons dark colours black n purple 80 feet down. The water temp. real high! Only fished 4pm till 830pm. It's been pretty good for me at the bluffs always managed to find something. We only fished 100 fow to 170 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for your replies. Just got in with boat and family to Elmvale (north of Barrie). Going on a family sight-seeing tour out of Penetang in the am. Sunday afternoon I'll tug her down to Bluffers... I'll either fish there out deeper 80-200fow or power over to the mouth of the credit and fish it tighter 70-50fow. Not sure yet, all being weather-dependent. I'll post if I make out ok. Thanks again for you input.