Kicker connection to main motor

muskie magnet

I just purchased a 2006 1950 Lund Tyee with a 200hp Merc EFI on it. I want to hook my 2003 Honda 15hp xl to the main motor. I have an ez steer system on my old boat, but no longer want to lean over motors to connect it. Does anyone know what brand of hydraulic steering they used in 2006 Lunds ? Looking at whats out there for connectors it seems this could make a difference. Would like to know what is the best product to hook up outboard to outboard. I have to go to south carolina to pick up the boat this weekend  and want to order the connections asap. Thanks in advance for your opinions and ideas.

Just use a connection bar with spring loaded ball and socket joints at the front of the motors (not the back of the motors).  The hydraulic steering shouldn't affect it at all.  Our Lund has a Verado that comes with hydraulic steering standard, but the connection is from motor to motor, not to the steering.  We also use a Honda kicker.  I can lift either motor while the steering bar is still connected.  I will try to post a picture if i can get the app on my phone to work.  The app has been problematic for me the past couple days.

Hawkeye's post is the one I use to connect my Etec to Yamaha.  I had some vibration in the threaded rod so I slipped a piece of hydraulic hose over the rod.  Nice and quiet now - works fine.  I remove rod when I tilt my kicker.

Great guys thanks....My journey to south carolina takes me by the new  Cabela's in Buffalo :)  So I think I will stop there on my way back and alittle more certian of different things I need...could get very expensive! LOL...I bought the boat on Ebay, will give it a good going over and test ride when I get there there, Older gentleman, says that 200 hrs would be a stretch on the boat. Looks like brand new and very well maintained, I've heard you can check the hours on a '05 200 hp EFI, I'll do that when I get home. In talking with him I am confident in this boat, '05 1950 Lund Tyee  for $17,500...think I did well. Check it out ,  click on pic. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Lund-1950-Tyee-Gran-Sport-fishing-boat-freshwater-garage-kept-/261562665808?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=H27CKn85Y3aIBK%252BuL5h9WgA5RaM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by muskie magnet

You have some good info so far, being the thrifty guy that I am, I took a piece of 3\8 allthread and turned a tierod end to one end of the allthread. Drilled both kicker and main motor(also an outboard) just under cowl, the holes which I drilled would be in front of both motors in the handle portion of both engines. Before attaching final tierod end find a piece of rubber or vinyl tubing, slip over allthread. Then screw on tierod to opposite end of allthread making sure this tierod is pointing in direct opposite position.(one up one down) And there ya have it, a 2 dollar motor to motor connector. And to make things easier on the water, I made connection to the kicker perminanent(via spotweld, superglue or whatever is in reach) That way you only have to put one nut and one washer on, takes in total about 20 sec.  Goodluck