Salmon phenomenon Great Lakes wide?

Just got back from Sault Ste. Marie, and the fishing was tough. Anglers up there are wondering where the salmon are as well.

I'm starting to believe lake conditions are responsible for the bizarre season we've had.

Comments?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We have had a pretty slow year compared to last year and have yet to boat a single fish on a flasher fly. Also out of 62 or whatever fish we have boated we have only boated 4 kings and 2 of them we let go. Biggest fish for us this year is 22lbs. Are divers have sucked all year to. Lead Core on the boards have been OK. I had my sister and her boyfriend on board and after a morning of trolling and only marking a few fish she asked me where are the fish and i laughingly said " Oh the bad winter killed them off" I was just joking but i don't think the lake setup at all. In July i marked 35 degree water down 60ft with the Fish Hawk. Oh well gotta have a bad years to have good years.

Just visiting Cheboygan MI on the annual family trip now each year for 15 years now from Vermont.  Usually get out once or twice on our 6 days there on a guests boat.  This year they said the fishing in the Mackinaw straights has been the toughest ever.  Mostly wind and weather, but the salmon have been scarce.  We caught a skipper king and had one release for a 6:30 pm - 9 pm Sunday evening 8/17 of fishing.  

Edited by digitroll