Cayuga Jigging Report 8/30/14

Water was rough as  :swear:  today when we splashed down at 6:30am. Headed out from Myers with the intention of going up to the power plant but it was too rough by the time we got to Taughannock so we stopped there and hid behind the point. Two small lakers Jigging in 4 hours and we decided to experiment a little and try a new spot. Two drops and I hooked what we thought was a salmon but ended up being this beautiful brown when we got it in the boat, First one I have ever caught and it was a fighter. It hit the surface it jumped out of the water 3 times before we got it into the net and then proceeded to break the hook in half... Fished for another 2 hours without a decent bite and called it quits. Great day on the water with my Dad and hes glad he decided to come up last minute. 

Measured in at 23" and 6.6lbs on the digital scale. 

BrownTrout.JPG

Catching browns is awesome  :)

-Pete 

That's great! :yes:  Nice brown!

That wind was ripping pretty good, Copperliner picked me up at Sheldrake and we tried to hide behind the point there.  Small handful of not-huge lakers with lots of nipping and short strikes.  Made it until 9 then I had to go anyway, but it was a great time and good to be fishing.

alec.. I never had much luck, "hiding" from the wind behind Sheldrake.. It always finds you there.. The point at taughannock  is better, but sometimes the fish aren't around there.. The wind at cayuga sucks, and seneca is worse.. Thats why so many guys are buying those super expensive "smart" trolling motors. Less headaches with the wind... bob