Walleyes out of Lake Erie

dpiazza22

Nice catch.We had a good bite Saturday out of Sturgeon about the same depth with harnesses.I caught one when I was setting a stacker on the rigger with my line only 8' down over 70' but most were 60' plus.

i heard the bite was still on yesterday @ sturgeon my friend got 9 in 75 fow. I went out of dunkirk in 85 fow got 5 nice eyes and 2 nice trout

Great going guys, I guess I'm going to have to put this on my list of must try, for next year!! We usually fish the western basin in May, but why travel that far, and you have other species to target also. You guys are truly blesses to have such a great fishery in your back yard. LakeO and Erie all within a few hours drive. Best of luck with the EYES guys and gals. PAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Real good bite on eyes out of dunkirk 80 to 100 ft 65 down. Lots of fish black and purple harness on dipsey. 10 color with pink renowsky and 3 ounces. Come out and join me.

That figures they would turn back on. We were there for 3 days last weekend and was blown off 2 days but managed 1 for 3 Friday on stickbaits cause the silvers were tearing harnesses up, then Sat we went 3 for 6 on the sticks again before getting blown off and Sunday we did better as the lake laid down going 7 for 9 biggest about 8#'s all on stickbaits again. Seemed anything with purple in it worked and we fished SW out of harbor towards Westfield from 70-95 fow. We will be back next July to get at them again.

He got 4. Two over 8lb wieght. Off van Buren 10 and 8 color. I went perching out of dunkirk Thursday and Friday good bite north of harbor 65 ft had to move a bunch yesterday to find em. Ill be out in morning might try inside trench in front of towers west. Occasionally late and early season walleye can be on that inside structure on the bottom 65 ft.

Well went out of dunkirk 90 ft straight out yesterday got 8 in two hrs. Today in the first forty minutes boxed four. Only can run four rods riggers at 68 dipsey 230 back on 2 with braid. The fish are thick. Silvers and Shesps make worm fishin tough but that's what they want.