'Nothin' But Net' Labor Day Weekend 'At the Oak'

So, planned the Labor Day weekend again at the Oak......hoping for a good 'finish' to the year even though we try to fish all of September as the weather allows.....

Got to the Oak Friday evening about 8:00....lake looked awesome and the weather/wave forecast decent. The burgers at the Black North are great!

Saturday morning we headed out and set up in close just to see what the screen and temp were.....sure looked good in about 80 fow! It WAS and we got two nice kings pretty quick. It dried up soon though and we trolled north.....all the way to the 29 line......have a couple skippers and a nice steelie out deep. Pulled lines and headed in about 2:00....saw boats still working the close water......kept that in mind. We didn't fish Sat evening, but maybe should have.......had a great walleye dinner from the Lake Erie catch Pat made not very long ago!

Sunday found Pat and I trying the wall fishing at 4 am.....not one hit and very warm water in there. The wind was blowing from the SW pretty good but the waves were definitely bearable in the close water after sunup. The girls stayed in till 9:00 and we had 2 kings from 75 fow by then. They brought us some more luck with big kings and even a brown and coho in that water and we finished Sunday's morning trip at 1:00 8-10. We headed in for a break and to the St. Rocco's Italian Festival near Holley....wow is it a good one, GREAT food and an 8 court bocci ball tournament! The spaghetti was amazing. We will be back there next year Labor Day weekend hopefully. The evening trip to the 75-ish waters had lots of anticipation, but we could only get one more in the boat from 2 releases.......weather looked great for tomorrow morning!

Monday am we found flat water and lots of boats again......we worked 70-80 fow mostly and ended2-5 by 10:50 when we picked up and headed back in to make the trip back to NW PA.

We had an even pick from both divers with SD/flies and from spoons on the riggers. White/white with a purple fly and the carbon 14 spoons were the best. We'll see if the cold front this Friday allows Saturday fishing this weekend.

Here is a video my sweetie made......take a look!

https://docs.google.com/a/mail.ocasd.org/file/d/0B6WODcGyufVFR2J4Ul9rT0JZSGs/edit

Tim

:yes:  This is one of the best fishing videos I've seen online for two reasons: one the editing is superb....fast forwarded through non-essential parts while still capturing the "moment" and two the video points up the value of having very experienced people on board....the rod management during hectic times was great to watch and everyone seemed to know exactly what to do and when....very refreshing :)  Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely awsome video!!! DITTO as Les couldn't have said it any better. Definitely not your first rodeo, the ladies worked together with the men like a well oiled machine. The music was an excellent choice also, fit the scene to the T. Maybe you guys and gals should think about getting your own show on the Fishing channel!! I've seen a lot worse on TV for crying out loud!! Thanks for sharing this with us. Best of luck to all. PAP.

Gator:

I saw that earlier this summer but it is slightly different......we are Nothin' But Net.......no g on Nothing! We are all basketball officials so looked for the hoops/fishing connection and it was obvious! Thanks for looking!

Tim

My first boat was called "Wandering Seamen" because I worked at a fertility clinic as a graduate student. We don't have nearly as good of a reason this time; I think it was around when Michael Jordan's commercial came out twenty years ago that we hit on it. Basketball officials, though: you guys own it.

BTW, the "g" is silent, too  :rofl:

Edited by Gator

My first boat was called "Wandering Seamen" because I worked at a fertility clinic as a graduate student. We don't have nearly as good of a reason this time; I think it was around when Michael Jordan's commercial came out twenty years ago that we hit on it. Basketball officials, though: you guys own it.

BTW, the "g" is silent, too  :rofl:

Now THAT is a name that is hilarious when the reason is given!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, we are at the Oak.....forgot to say that too!