pet muskie feeding video

Years ago, my buddy caught a low 30"s female muskie at Pymatuning, PA.  He took her home in his livewell and put her in his pond.  He named her Flo and she is now mid 40"s.  He has quite a few videos of her just hanging out and feeding like this.  She seems somewhat tame or conditioned at least.  I convinced him to send me a video to share online, because I liked it so much and I'm sue most have never seen video like this.  Check out her closing speed.  She's awesome.  Those bluegills don't stand a chance.  We can't troll or crank fast enough.  (I hope the link to the video works here...my first attempt at this)

https://plus.google.com/103032912305529321806/posts/2ucw4hdhrUM?gpinv=AMIXal8Fki5kGjNOuCUendLqUpJy-996HdPHpcBcssCOgKfOFXnvIjY4A4v4SlLn7iU4osdReSvs054_sdhebyrZGTDPhQg2XVsNUx2E2DXXs8VjR84Vo6w&cfem=1&pid=6053491103485468882&oid=103032912305529321806&authkey=CNTinun-rN7xgwE

I have watched it almost 10x already!  I am trying to figure out if the fish scatter because of her in the vicinity (which may cause the strike), or if they scatter because of the strike.  It happens so fast that I cannot tell which is occurring first.

Thanks for sharing...there goes my work productivity today! haha.

I've watched it quite a few times too Joe.  Haha.  I think the bluegills start to scatter because some of them see her sitting off to the side.  That one naive bluegill takes one last greedy bite of the bread and gets picked off.

What....? A vegetarian musky...??  :D   I can't tell if he had gone after and got one of the sunnies, or whether he (or she?) was trying to nab the bread that was being feasted on by them.....Don't believe those 'gills were unaware of it's moving in on the scene.....he's too big. Plus they all live there and probably know him. But I'm no fish in a pond....what do I know? :shake: That reminds me of pike and pickerel I've watched literally at my feet easing in, watching something, and slowly waiting for the right time to ambush.....Wait for it.....wait for it.....hold it......now... CHARGE! Even baby esox members exhibit this lay-in-wait and charge method of hunting. Like cats. Cool video and story of a really cool thing   :nod:   Thanx Ivan.... :yes:

Video reminds me of one of my bright ideas. Years ago i was eating an ice cream cone at bolt castle watching a mess of sunnies and perch near the service dock. There were 2 northerns near the bottom doing nothing. After the ice cream was gone i started feeding the cone to the little fish. I got a frenzy going and then both pike made their move. So i figure under the right conditions i can jump start the food chain and call in predators to my boat. I go to country max and buy a bag of pond fish food(not cheap). I put it in my boat the night before a trip to waneta. The next morning i have a shredded bag,no fish food,and a deck full of coon poop. Never did try it.

Old man......... :rofl:   :rofl:   :lol: ......I've had hand to hand combat with 'coons at the campsite in different places. They can be really something....to say the least! But I'll tell ya.... you might be on to something with what you attempted to try. Like you said, I too have witnessed how esox family members hunt, and that video is it. At least one favorite way. In a body of water with plenty of sunnies and pike or whatever nearby, chumming them like that might possibly work. So, what would you call it if it worked consistently.....and would it be legal....? It would be a nerdy way of fishing. But so is noodling for catfish....... :thinking: