Seneca 9/2/2014 before the rain comes in and after, 9/3/2014 , 9/4/2014, 9/5/2014

Wasn't going to go then saw it was out in Ohio and we just had so dark clouds so off I went............ was working in shallower than I have been and then I pulled a DAH !!!!!  Rod holder up against the clutch adjustment screw loosened up and down goes cannonball with X4 probe to the bottom........... threw boat out of gear ....poped other rod and brought that rigger in.. then worked to get the probe back............. got every thing back in boat didn't loose anything except for about a 100' of diwnrigger cable........... I'll take that lost any day........... got back in the game and went to deeper program........... ran past buddy from the park gave him a call on the cell phone checking to see whaqt was ahead and if he was doing any thing........ went a tad father and pulled every thing and went to the west side........... ran two rigger ,  5 color core with a diving stickbait on a inline board............ nothing pulled and changed spoons........pulled core and put wire slide diver out with a spoon............ got into two bows one on the 65' rigger and one on the wire out 180' and had a release while I was trying to revive on bow in the live-well that I never saw............ made a turn to go back thru area and while I was doing that I was messing with the I-Pilot , hit something ( I know now what I did ) anyway it would not steer and I thought it was because I was going into the wind and it had picked up some............. anyway ..... had to bring lines up before I bounced ball on the bottom............ thought that was enough fun for one-day..... all FLT spoons....had to keep one of the bows could not revive him he was the one off the wire rod.............

003_zps177dbf93.jpg

ce1dcbde-d04b-4b91-be9e-42284670f633_zps

007_zpsb1cc925e.jpg

006_zpsd87a8505.jpg

Edited by ERABBIT

Man O man ED, you sure had a tuff day, thank The Lord you got your probe back, rigger cable is cheap compared to a new XD probe. What did you determine you might of hit out there with the Troller and did it do any damage as you said it didn't work correctly afterward. On a brighter note those are some fine looking bows. MaMa said there would be days like this, but so many and close together she didn't mention,LOL PAP.

Edited by pap

What did you determine you might of hit out there with the Troller and did it do any damage as you said it didn't work correctly afterward. On a brighter note those are some fine looking bows. MaMa said there would be days like this, but so many and close together she didn't mention,LOL PAP.

That was another DAH :bandit: !!!! moment for me again , I hit the bottom right button on the I-Pilot hand held control. :shake: ....

010_zps70267872.jpg

as I was coming in hard to get back in area where I had the hits ( heading straight into shore and I know better than that :headbang: ) I ended up lined right up with a shoal so I had to finish turn fast or hit the rigger balls.... :swear: ...... that button I had hit , ended up turning off the prop on the I-Pilot trolling motor..... :dull: ....... so I turned with wheel but not soon enough and ended hitting both rigger AUTO - Up or hit bottom ..... :dance: .... the only thing that hit was the diver rod... ;( .. like I said it was all ME equipment works fine.. :happy2: ... they just need a better operator......... :lol:

Edited by ERABBIT

Back out today , went to area I was in at the end yesterday...... not much in there this time...... took one light tap on the wire rod with spoon ....... had a hit on probe rigger popped it reeled in no one home and no split ring or hook !!!!! ..... had a bump on 65' rigger rod thought it was the cycle from other rigger ( running 61 to 53 every 60 sec. ) anyway checked it later and fish on good one but lost it before I saw it....... turn and went back thru but ran into weeds down farther so pull stuff up and set out to No Man Land or Hooker-up play pen............ hooked up 78' down..... then other rigger goes put first rod in holder and stuck the other one..... acted more like a sliver fish so I stayed with it and landed a 20" landlock..... got back on other od and h was still there got a good laker to the boat and turned him back.....having landlock on the grill soon...... load a fe pic after I eat......

Grills hot and searing meat side...........

fishcooked001_zps764bf5fd.jpg

on the right laketrout seared , on the left the other half of the rainbow....

fishcooked002_zpsf6a95614.jpg

and two pieces of laker.....

fishcooked003_zpsa97da92b.jpg

lakers

fishcooked004_zpsf9d1154a.jpg

skin off and almosted done cooking added a tad more Ken's...

fishcooked005_zps415f625b.jpg

fishcooked006_zps31e48a5b.jpg

pile of skin....

fishcooked007_zps7852b220.jpg