New NY boat law for invasive controls

OK I have read the law and agree with it. Now my boat stays in a slip all season and when I just pulled it I had the bottom cleaned and acid washed. First question is where does the muratic acid go when they washed my boat when it was about 20 yards from the water when they did it, second not of far from the topic but how about all the million dollars homes that are built around these lakes and get there lawns fertilized every 4-6 weeks. Where does that end up after it leeches its way through the ground. Is that helping with the control of algae and the growth of invasive weeds. I don't see any enforcement coming out for that end of it which I believe does more damage to the water and fishery than what maybe stuck on the bottom of your boat. IMO

I can remember not to long ago when we had to have our trailers & lower units steamed cleaned before launching because of the fear of spreading zebra muzzles......didn't last long :wondering: . ...this too will pass in a year or two.

If the clean earth people really want to stop the spread of invasives then they should campaign to rid all pet and aquarium stores from selling anything that is not native to the US.

You got it liberal bs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Totally understand what he is trying to do but might have been a better plan when Cuomo Sr was in office so my kids won't have to deal with the issues when the want to enjoy the lakes. Also we have to remember the Lady O is the toilet bowl of the great lakes and we all know what happens when your at the bottom of the ladder. I love these lakes and this state but regardless the politics are what's pushing people to leave.

This is the same as DOT regulations for contractors pulling trailers. Starts out as everyone who trailers needs dot # but its free to sign up. Once they see the amount of sign UPS and get everyone name and address they start the "fee". Now everyone who drives my truck has to take safety course on line. Now I have to submit drug tests (which I can mail in results). When they offer on line courses and mail in drug and alcohol screens they don't care about results they want there money. So now the guy with the 12' enclosed trailer has to stop at dot truck inspections and pray to God he is up to date on the thousand of dot regulations that change every five min. The big companies adapt and the little ones just give up. I'm all for safety but if you truly were concerned you would watch me pee in cup to make sure I'm clean not simply let me mail in the results with a check. We need more awareness and not money generating regulations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well, to add my two cents. Lake George has all been shut down now requireing a prior boat inspection tag to launch your boat on the lake. There are 6 inspections on the entire 32 mile lake and the hours are not inclined for fishermen. As well there is only one state launch open at the oppisite end from my home otherwise you have to pay $50. So basically for me the lake has been lost to the rich who can afford to pay 50. Plus the danm tag that you need to get the night befre if you want to be out at daylight, if you can find a spot to put in that early.

Well, to add my two cents. Lake George has all been shut down now requireing a prior boat inspection tag to launch your boat on the lake. There are 6 inspections on the entire 32 mile lake and the hours are not inclined for fishermen. As well there is only one state launch open at the oppisite end from my home otherwise you have to pay $50. So basically for me the lake has been lost to the rich who can afford to pay 50. Plus the danm tag that you need to get the night befre if you want to be out at daylight, if you can find a spot to put in that early.

The inspection costs 50 clams? And how long is the tag good for? Lost to the rich (NYC) like the rest of the ADK S and Catskill region is a result of too many years of government coming from that city. Like trying to vacation rent a small cabin now for a week. 175 to 225 a nite for two bedrooms. ...not for this local yocal! Property? Sheesh! ..

Doesn't lake George connect to Champlain by la chute river and Champlain connect to Saint Lawrence? They tried this crap in Otsego lake. ..elite Cooperstown. Every day wash the boat at the launch before hitting the water. Mussels and milfoil are there. You're right..an expensive inconvenience to local folks who support business year round. Well...If the business caters to riches during the peak season, then the region shuts down in off season...where the local yocal still remains. Those regions are already lost to the rich.

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Inspections are free, if your boat is found to be contaminated they will clean it free.

I do believe the seal goes from the boat to trailer somehow. The seal is good until it is broken - like when you launch your boat.

You will also need a Lake George Park Commission Boat Registration Sticker.  

"All Vessels 18 Feet or Longer, or Any Vessel Mechanically Propelled by a Motor 10 h.p. or Greater, Must Register with the Lake George Park Commission and Display a Registration Decal.

Boats may be registered annually or for one day or week."

This will cost you by the foot.

Private marinas will charge you around $50 to launch.

From what i've seen the damage is already been heavenly done ,thanks to our wonderful water ways,and super tankers....i'm all for cleaning boats after use,providing the launch has a suitable wash down station...."with out costing the boater wash down fees".....why is it they  put the blame on the little guy,after the "big" guy has caused all the damaged !!! It should have never been brought to our water ways and great lakes,.....oh and buy the way.....any engine that has a water cooling pump outboard or inboard.....if not flushed,it will transfer water to the next lake with all the invisible creatures that do the most harm.....