Sodus report & Herbiecam Vid

Late posting this, but got out last Friday and we went 4/7.  Landed one mature King on SD/Fly, also one BT about 5 Lbs, another King around 10 Lbs., and one skippy.  Took some big rips on the wires, but only landed one.  Were fishing mostly in 140 FOW, with DR set at 110, wires with Mags were out 210.

post-147321-0-05956000-1409947552_thumb.jpeg

Caught the Skipper in action on one of the Kings:post-147321-0-80266400-1409947561_thumb.jpg

Also got some good vid of the action under the boat.

Videos like this never cease to amaze me in terms of being the reality we never know about.....the chases and misses that we never actually know about and just assume there must be nothing down there because we aren't connecting with fish.  Great video footage....thanks.

Great video! Makes you wonder if all those "hit n runs" are just fish that miss your fly but get snagged on the outside of their mouth?They take a little run then pull the hook.

That also shows how important the length of leader from the SD to the fly is. Too short and the fish can't "catch" it. Too long and they are not attracted to it.

Your leader looks longer than I usually run and did u have the fly leader set on the less aggressive hole to the sd? Perfect rotation though

I think that leader was around 24", and it was hooked to the "fin" side of the SD = less action?

I have been lengthening the leaders a little at a time.