Seneca 9-6-14

Slept in this morning til about 8 and decided to try my hand solo ... Headed out of Watkins around 830 and ran north a bit Set up shop in 300 fow ran a rigger dipsy and 300 copper..... Instantly had a great screen marking tons of small bait pods and decent arches surface to about 125 fow .... Took a bit but after a few spoon changes the 300 was hooking up with some decent lakers on a FLT death from above spoon brought 2 nice lakers to the boat and just as I reset dipsy fires with another nice healthy laker on white green dot spinny pulling a Seneca Ghost fly...I get that all reset and hit a awesome screen with fish streaking everywhere and rigger fires run for that and hear 300 taking off so figure rigger first that can wait and bang watch a awesome hit on 217 dipsy go TRIPLED UP !! Ended up bringing 2 of the 3 fish to the boat with a nice 5lb Landlock on an O&M sparkle smelt #4 and another nice laker on same green dot spinny.. Laker fishing was good the rest of the morning boating about 5 more.. Kinda liked the solo fishing this morning :D.... Storm rolled in from north west and called it a morning... Hope to see all my Finger Lakes Trolling Club members at Owasco tomorrow. .. Hope this front doesn't shut them down....

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14100258971141_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14100259104664_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14100259232905_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14100259339674_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14100259440579_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14100259559277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

WTG Mike :yes:  At least you didn't have to deal with any "rod hogs" today ...one of the benefits of going solo :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys it was definitely fun... Weather conditions were fairly good this morning and I have no auto pilot or remote steering so really would have had my hands full in wind lol.. Fishing has been awesome on Seneca all year but only gonna get better now that fall is rolling in.... And yes Les was nice with no rod hogs but wish I would of had a few a couple of times this morning lol

Mike

Nice fish. How was the Owasco bite today?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice mike!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys!! Alex just posted a report on Owasco.... It was a great day over there and all weekend for that matter....:D

Mike