Sorry about the lack of reports lately.....

August had us roaming the offshore waters from roughly the 28-35 North line. Boy I love the offshore thing. Excellent class of Buckeyes, and some 2-3 year old Kings thrown in. When we marked pods of bait, it was on like donkey kong. DW getter dun, NK 28 and Mag Wonderbreads, Nk 28 Blue dolphin (orange crush ladderback on face). Finger Lake Tackle Green alewife, SSW in Hi Viz as well as the FLT die hard were on fire.

On Friday Sept 5th we decided to stay inside to fish the Zombies in 80-100 feet. What a day.....

We ran mostly a spoon program. FLT wonderbread mags, regular size die hards and SSW were again big producers. Nice mix of 3 year old Kings, and some really nice browns. Our big guy of the day hit a custom FLT glow alewife slasher towing a Mt. Dew bait head (familiar bite meat). The fish bounced on the scales from 32-34 lbs. Our first Tyee this year. The meat rig took 3 shots, Die hard and SSW was probably the best.

The fishing has definitely kicked up a notch or 3... Tight lines..

**** RIP RPD officer D. Pierson. EOW- 09/3/14.*****

post-139783-0-71959400-1410051683_thumb.jpgpost-139783-0-47103300-1410051643_thumb.jpgpost-139783-0-16794400-1410051657_thumb.jpgpost-139783-0-48372100-1410051708_thumb.jpg

Edited by Missdemeanor

Brother Matt - best fish I've seen this year!! Way to go - look at the tail on that thing

I will be pulling my boat out for the season tomorrow, so it's nice to keep living the fishing through reports like yours.

Be safe and tight lines my friend,

Chris

Glad they chewed for ya brother....I will put Rochester up against any port as far as diversity in species and overall consistency....sure we have to run a little further, but the results make up for that slight sting at the gas pump. Bob has really kicked up his game....I have some of his new stuff and its really nice....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

...it all depends on which side of the river you fish....its mostly around 500-600 ft. However there is structure out there where it comes up to 4 and change.....fished out there in 4-6 fters one day.....amazing bite. Just felt like it took 3 days to get in.

Edited by Missdemeanor

I almost never just run straight out....the last time I went out , it was on the 41 west (Braddock's) and the 30 n....we were about 17 miles from port. One other time we went 22 miles ...one way..... Big gas bills...lol