Pike lures

Agree with Ivan. I often catch northerns on tandem baits. Natural color sticks have always been reliable for me. Seems like Northerns hit the spoons 9 out of 10 times. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3

I got here yesterday and so far it matters not what you throw. They are eating anything. Caught 6 last night and about a dozen today before getting blown off.post-142867-14106541695566_thumb.jpgmostly 5/8lbs,all released. I'm staying at west winds. They were lined up at the cleaning table last night with limits of pike;complaining about the lack of big ones,(duh). Musky hunt starts tomorrow,probably won't get bit again all week. Water is 66. Pike are in every weed patch.

went camping Aug 16 this summer at cedar point state park.  On the way up we stopped at the walmart in oswego to get some camping food and i had to drag the girl to the fishing section.  I picked up a heavy 3in firetiger spoon.  The camping weather was awful, we werent even alowed to rent a boat.  So to the fishing pier it was with rain/wind etc.  fifth cast and i hooked into a quality northern from shore! the firetiger spoon had a silver back side.

post-140360-0-01324200-1410738684_thumb.jpg

Every day. Pike bite was nonstop. Caught one musky,mid 30's,near where you suggested on a black twisted tube in 30 fow. (Thank you) i netted it,turned on the go pro,pulled it out of the net and waved it in in front of the camera for a few seconds and sent it on it's way. When i reached to turn off the camera i saw the screen said"full". Doh;no pic. I should mention i have a new bait i like. Savage gear real eel. Very good bait in the weeds.