Owasco 9-7-14

Left the South Shore Marina around 530 Fishing the Finger Lakes Trolling Association Club Tournament and headed out to the drop and started setting up shop.... We ran cores coppers riggers rigs and a dipsy ..Screen looked great all day in all different depths but found alot more active fish in the north end so that's where we really worked all day...I thought with the front that pushed in it would make for slow fishing but that wasn't the case.. 300 copper pulling a FLT death from above was doing all the damage right off the bat with numerous nice size lakers and then the sun snuck up over the hill and put a little light and a slight ripple on the water and it was rainbow time.. 200 copper was popping them good pulling a FLT special spoon bobby had painted up for me a year or so ago but small size spoons were the ticket once we got a few of the other cores and coppers switched out it was game on with many more drag peeling runs and tx22 boards being pulled under the water immediately upon impact... These fish were quite impressive and glad to see them thriving over there this year... We also got into some huge smallies while searching for off fish, they also hit the boards hard ..... We ended they day with 4 of the 5 fish we needed for the box but came up short in our search for a brown .. Headed in for weigh in and ended up second with 28.3 lbs in four fish but one of our fellow competitors brang in a complete box and having 36 lbs of fish which was extremely impressive ... Think we ended up 15 for 17 for the day and second place overall for the day... Great day on the water and congrats to all that fished and see ya at Keuka....

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14101764087535_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14101764368294_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14101764572388_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1410176479861_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1410176501014_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14101767134642_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice fishing Mike! Owasco was an impressive trip this time around. Plenty of nice fish weighed in, and some nice silvers as well. Couldn't ask for a better day on the water! I just went thru the points for the year, taking into consideration dropping 2, your tied with Russ for first (if my math was correct). Congratulation on a great season so far! 

Jason

Congratulations again on a great box of fish Mike!

Russ's limit was beyond impressive! 36lbs is world class!! Then he pulled out that huge walleye! Owasco blew away my expectations again, we boated over a dozen Lakers and dropped a few that I am sure pushed 8 plus. Also dropped an aerial bow that would of added to our box nicely. My wife really loved the Lake and the fishing. Calm morning beautiful sunrise kick myself for not getting pics but did not get two rods set before having our first fish on. Thanks again Jason for the lures and info! The glow 'klinker' took a few shots!

Great group of gentlemen to fish with! thanks all... see you at Keuka.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Thanks guys!! Russell's box of fish was unbelievable. . And to think he stopped at 10 and went and had breakfast and got a short nap in before 130 weigh in lol.... Not to take anything away from his catch but I remember one tournament where I guy in our club brought in a five fish box over 40 lbs on Owasco. . Owasco definitely holds some awesome fish and those bows fought like they where twice their size... Never seen 5LB bows pulling tx22 boards under water like they were a little kids red and white Bobbers before but absolutely loved it...:D

Mike

Yup joe.. came in off that lake one year thinking we had it all rapped up with a mid 30 range box of fish and ended up 5th I believe lol... You just never now.. Definitely some impressive numbers have come from over there since we started fishing there.. Great body of water that doesn't get a whole lot of trout fishing pressure ...

Mike