for sale : usa Sylvan Offshore 22- SOLD

JTM203SOUTH

Not enough use to justify the expense of the slip at the marina and the 500 mile round trip, often solo. I also own a 1999 Starcraft  Superfisherman 196 which I use to fish Lake Champlain occasionally and Quabbin Resevoir on a regular basis. I enjoy fishing lake "O" and will probably make an occasional trip with the Starcraft.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you had any other motor work done besides the exhaust manifold? I'm considering your  i/o but never owned one!  Does it require much more maintenance than an outboard?  Thanks for your feedback. .

Four years ago I had the carborater  and fuel lines replaced. No major work needed since I've owned it. Previous owner had motor rebuilt  about ten years ago.  The out drive has had the water pump and hoses replaced three years ago. The motor is a Merc 140 which is actually a four cylinder Chevrolet four cylinder chevrolet engine- very simple maintanance - plugs, points & condenser.The out drive has much the same needs an an outboard with respect to lubrication. It is also important to visually check for cracks in the hoses on a periodic basis. What I like best about this size I/O is that it will run smoothly at 550-600 RPM   which allows me to troll anywhere from 1.75 to 2.5 mph  without the hassel of drift bags and stiil  do 30-35 mph when you want. Hope this helps. 

Jack

• Like 1

Thanks!! Sounds good!  Beautiful job wiring and refinishing from the pics..Is the floor carpet or rubber matting?

Did the stringers also need to be replaced? Will you be leaving the riggers and sub troll/electronics on?

If you rather email me [email protected] or (908) 339-1622 thats fine also..Thanks

• Like 1

I believe these aluminum boats have metal stringers, except for the front engine mount which is a small block of wood attached to metal. My starcraft islander has such set up. The transom wood should be looked at. If it was stored covered all the time (and in the slip) the transom bottom should be OK.

Edited by Steve.e

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, SweepN said:

Thanks!! Sounds good!  Beautiful job wiring and refinishing from the pics..Is the floor carpet or rubber matting?

Did the stringers also need to be replaced? Will you be leaving the riggers and sub troll/electronics on?

If you rather email me [email protected] or (908) 339-1622 thats fine also..Thanks

Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

Floor is new vinyl ( Nautolex)

Stringers are all aluminum

Transom is solid

Riggers,kicker motor, and all electronics are included in the price.

Jack

• 1 month later...

A sylvan is the exact copy of an islander. Made in the same factory by the same people and it has the quality of a 22 foot Islander. If you want a nice 22 foot Islander then this is you chance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...