Ibay Perch

fbg14619

My guess is not much yet although a few guys were getting some off the Charlotte Pier last week. Head to Lake Erie they are doing well in 60 fow off of Catt. Creek.

I would drive the distance to Erie for the walleye not the perch.   Would just as soon wait til they start at IBay.  Gas is

expensive.  :)

I went over the 104 bridge yesterday and took a long deliberate look and there were a few guys on some of the spots. I'm landlocked for another 2 weeks. As I recall it really doesn't start producing consistently until later in October anyways.

Fished Ibay on Tuesday the 16th afternoon and the bite was slow but steady. A LOT OF DINKS to wade through. Took home a couple dozen keepers 9-11".  Pleasant afternoon away from work. Life is too short to only fish on weekends! :lol:

My wife and I where on I-bay on Sat. 9-12pm and we had liitle success. Must have been in the wrong spots. Any suggestions?

Rick

It is hard to not find them there.  Most people just start out around the channel in 7-12 feet. Get close to drop off and dont crowd your neighbors and start reeling em in.   If you get on em they will hit anything.  When you get on them it is cast out or drop your line and count 1   2    3  and start reeling and you will have one.  Was out there Sat morning and it was especailly hard fishing because of the wind.   Did bring home 20-25 nice ones.   They sure tasted good :)

It is hard to not find them there.  Most people just start out around the channel in 7-12 feet. Get close to drop off and dont crowd your neighbors and start reeling em in.   If you get on em they will hit anything.  When you get on them it is cast out or drop your line and count 1   2    3  and start reeling and you will have one.  Was out there Sat morning and it was especailly hard fishing because of the wind.   Did bring home 20-25 nice ones.   They sure tasted good :)

Great report ,cant wait  till they show up at sodus.Might bring my sea nymph to iron.though early. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

good fishing

john

had to take a break from trolling for a bit so hit up I bay on sat 9/27 perch were everywhere ended up picking spots based on boat traffic.  fished in the middle of the day and had no trouble catching.  proably a 2:1 dink to keeper ratio but still kept 60 over 8 inches lots of fish in that 9-10 inch range that were real skinny but lots of meat for the fryer.  also ended up with a dozen blugill in the 9-10 inch range as well found the best fishing was in 12-20 foot of water.  was a nice change from trolling and easy fishing is always nice.  we found the fish were in groups of similar sizes so when we caught dinks we would move or drift untill we found something bigger than stay there and get several keepers out of the spot.

• 2 weeks later...

They are on the east side of the point just of the island in the trench there. My buddy and I were drop shotting for bass and were putting on a clinic with the perch. We also got into them out in the lake in front of trailer park. As for Irondequoit they were out on the lake still, same method drop shotting. We just look for schools of fish on the graph and start fishing. Its been a blast lately and seems to be getting better.