Ibay Perch

fbg14619

The high banks on east side north end, then on west side north end on the flats by Hobart. From there I usually go point hopping til I mark them. Most of the time I run to the south end off Severne and work the points and flats there cause there are more and they are closer together. We limited out 2 weeks ago off severne in less than 2 hours.

I can you tell that the spring is the best time cause they are more aggressive in the spring just as any fish would be protecting a bed and they are schooled tight, plus they are really FAT.

I can you tell that the spring is the best time cause they are more aggressive in the spring just as any fish would be protecting a bed and they are schooled tight, plus they are really FAT.

Sea-IV.....yellow perch don't protect eggs and young on a bed like sunfish (and bass). They spread their eggs in weeds, they get fertilized, and the "parents" are off. Eggs and fry are on their own..... :( ....But it does seem to work for them!....somehow  :thinking:

OK, so back to the IBay thread, ..............Has anyone been out lately? We were on the bay a week ago and couldn't find many. Kept about a dozen though after sorting through a ton of dinks and whities..

Not a problem and it doesn't bother anymore what others opinions are. I am out there enough to know what I am talking about and just share the info I know. Just another little tid bit when using plastics I use Sliders as well in a motor oil color and watermelon.

Not a problem and it doesn't bother anymore what others opinions are. I am out there enough to know what I am talking about and just share the info I know. Just another little tid bit when using plastics I use Sliders as well in a motor oil color and watermelon.

perhaps you could swap phone #'s for chatting off topic?

Its not just about the fingerlakes. The baits and structure are the same for anywhere. I look for the same on Irondequoit, the lake, Sodus and the finger lakes. So if its not all about Irondequoit but perch are in every body of water and wep pretty much use the same baits for them even on Erie. Besides I don't keep the perch from Irondequoit due to the parasites in the skin. Next time you catch one with the blue spits on it look in the meat on the skin side of the fillet and you will find a worm looking parasite