Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Well the grind of fishing season is coming close to the end which means the hunting season is creeping up on us. In just a few weeks time the boat will be put away for the season and some of us will be enjoying our time in the archery woods. My hope for this upcoming season is to post an ongoing hunting report (on this thread) throughout the entire season. Basically a play by play of the my entire seasonal progression and a ride on the emotional roller coaster in the deer woods. My intentions are to fill these pages with instant updates from the woods, game cam pictures, videos, rut reports, and whatever else that i can come up with. Let the season begin!

Ive always had game cameras but a few years ago I really started utilizing them for scouting (and also entertainment). For the past 3 seasons i have had 5-7 cameras in the woods from mid august through start of gun season. During gun season I only have about 3 cameras in the woods (only because im in fear of theft). Cameras have proven to be a great scouting tool for me but they are truly addicting.

Heres some big bucks that I have on film from 2013...

IMG_20131111_163458_zps969dd975.jpg

IMG_20131111_163149_zps8ab99ba6.jpg

IMG_20131113_092858_zps0eba76de.jpg

IMG_20131113_092705_zps74e3ef81.jpg

IMG_20131113_092748_zps5dd22cdc.jpg

IMG_20131113_092821_zpse87657c5.jpg

IMG_20131113_092637_zpsf9804c13.jpg

IMG_20131111_161743_zps74ca13b1.jpg

IMG_20131001_195213_zps17f90d41.jpg

This past year, I figured it was time for some new game cameras, so in the off season I purchased 6 Moultrie D65IR. I starting putting them in the woods in late August, and as of last weekend, all six are now in the woods. Im excited to get some great video footage this year.

aca0106-j496-moultrie-game-spy-d-65irxt-

Heres a couple of small bucks from a card I pulled from one of the new cameras about a week ago...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t68/boneyfish/th_PICT0056_zps0d77aea0.mp4

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t68/boneyfish/th_PICT0064_zpsa769f0e7.mp4

I didn't get up this year fishing due to my brothers battle with cancer, but he was in partnership in a hunting camp in up stateNY and I got invited to take his place this year and I must say I'm exited to get to hunt NY state white tails.I don't know exactly where it is but it's not far from the WigWam bar. I was at that bar once while I used to snowmobile a lot up there. I think the last I rode sled up there was back in 2000. We are coming up the week before Thanksgiving!!

I didn't get up this year fishing due to my brothers battle with cancer, but he was in partnership in a hunting camp in up stateNY and I got invited to take his place this year and I must say I'm exited to get to hunt NY state white tails.I don't know exactly where it is but it's not far from the WigWam bar. I was at that bar once while I used to snowmobile a lot up there. I think the last I rode sled up there was back in 2000. We are coming up the week before Thanksgiving!!

Just east of Booneville - I love it up there!

Just east of Booneville - I love it up there![/quote

Yea Booneville rings a bell, thanks. Carl the owner and my brothers best friend has the cabin way back in the sticks and he said "you won't see a single sole up here" he also mentioned there is a huge swamp near by but I assume there are a lot of those LOL.

I too am looking forward to hitting the woods.  I hope I can post up some nicer photos this coming weekend when I pull my cameras for the first time. The area I hunt has tons of acrons on the ground so it should be a great year. 

On a side note would it be illegal to rake up a pile of acorns in front of my camera to get some still photos? I mean they are from the same forest not being transported or hunted over just simply for photos?

On a side note would it be illegal to rake up a pile of acorns in front of my camera to get some still photos? I mean they are from the same forest not being transported or hunted over just simply for photos?

Yes. It is considered baiting. I would suggest putting the camera where the acorns are. Deer should be on them at least until the end of the month. (or until they are all gone)

Great idea legacy! We have a go pro now and i think i will try to post more hunting. Ill be taking next saturday off from fishing to open camp so we are ready. October is busy because we have 2 camps open...with some of our best hunting early and october is my best walleye fishing. Cant wait to read all of everyones tales!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app