Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Great to see our youth involved in the sport and successful to boot!  Congrats to your son!  And to you for introducing him to the outdoors.

Shawn

Edited by FX

My 17 year old took this eight last Saturday. He watched him rub a tree and tend a scrape. Lot of fresh rubs on our properties. Second pic is the 4&1/2 year old doe he took opening morning before school. DEC aged it as an 8c doe earns a bonus tag attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1412899860.490042.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1412899882.354077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Those two deer made a big mistake to walk in front of him.

Edited by fbg14619

Yeah on stand this morning I saw 1 small buck 2 doe and a fawn. I'm planning on sitting in a different location tonight hopefully there are a few bigger deer over there.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Seems to be a lot of deer activity today. Saw a ton of does 2 6's a small 8 a 5 and a nice big 8 this morning jumped the string and backstrapped him unfortunately and fortunately as he'll live on. Found the arrow and looked for blood but it was meat and fur. Same does this afternoon and the 5.

I have seen mostly does, 3 this morning with a small buck, 5 tonight with a button buck.

Bachelor groups are splitting up so you know what that means!

What are your guys rut predictions when will it start. I'm thinking this coming weekend into the following.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

I think it'll start kicking up this weekend with the smaller bucks chasing like crazy. As usual gonna have to be in the woods that first week of November for the big dogs being dumb I think.

post-150305-14131152023495_thumb.jpg

Beautiful morning, hunting beans this morning myself. Had a nice buck work towards me and decided to circle back. Couldn't be a nicer morning.

I put 5 mock scrapes in play at 4 stand sites late this week. 2 of the sites already had established scraping activity within close proximity and the other 2 none at all. 2 of the sites have great deer activity but lack any good licking branches so with some careful hinge cutting, branches were created. Im using Code Blue scrape mate in conjunction with Code Blue Rack Rub. I have been using Code Blue Scrape Mate for a couple years now (and had luck with it) but Code Blue rack rub is something new. My mock scrapes rarely ever become well used scrapes but instead they spark more scraping activity in the immediate area. Which in return become well used scrapes. The problem with establishing most scrapes is in the licking branch. Im hoping with the introduction of the Code Blue Rack Rub this helps a bit. 2 sites are very close to cameras, so im hoping to get some shots. Ill post the updates...