Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Whether or not your a believer in the October lull, I believe I'm experiencing it. Things have been quiet for me in the woods both from the stand and on cameras. History has shown me that it's just the calm before the storm. I'm expecting next week, things will start to get exciting!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rob very true

But this one area that I have now taken 4 good archery bucks from same stand is always early

In the early 20 something's of October

Other areas I hunt are just as you describe

All hell is gonna break loose in a week or so

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I headed to Wyoming county this morning for a change in scenery. Only visit so far has been a doe and her fawn. The doe refreshed up my mock scape too. She worked the licking branch and urinated in the scrape.

observation...

Since this rainy cold front showed up, the majority of scrapes seem to be unmaintained. Hot scrapes from a week ago, are all covered in leaves and look washed out. The upcoming change of dryer weather will most likely change that.

Things are moving in se pa. Shooter with a doe at dusk last night. Tried to rattle him away, no luck. Seen 6 bucks Monday and Tuesday. Scrapes will be hammered as soon as the rain departs. Gonna try some preorbital scent on some mock scrapes today. For some reason, I'm seeing more buck than doe 3 to 1.

They don't get much closer then this!

Love the pic! It doesn't matter if it's a buck or doe for me, it always gets my heart racing when they're browsing below your stand on a cool fall day during bow season at that close range.....just awesome stuff. I've had them sniff the bottom rung on my ladder before.

Good luck - thanks for sharing!!

Chris

First morning sit in a new stand that was hung this year. A little bit of action yesterday afternoon from here. A small Tom, doe with a fawn, and a 2.5 year old 8pt.

Rob, do you see deer in field-edge stands during morning sits?

Dont be fooled by my picture. I wouldnt consider my stand "on the field edge". Its actually in a very unique funnel that happens to have corn within shooting distance (35 yards).

But to answer your question...

No i dont unless your talking corn fields. Gotta love field corn. Unlike short crops (beans, wheat, alfalfa, ect), corn provides security cover. Deer love that easy walk on the edge of the woods and the corn field. 

Turkey down!
Had a flock of 12 birds come past the tree this morning. I took a tough, 35 yard shot at a decent tom but only managed to cut some feathers off. When the feathers cleared, this Jake gave me a perfect 25 yard shot. Dead in his tracks!

post-139598-1414168669452_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the bird! I agree on the corn deal also, theese pics are of home grown corn that we planted on our lease. Last night I whent through with the 4 wheeler and layed some trails down to funnel the deer to me rather than sitting over standing corn that I cant shoot my bow into. O yea and it actually worked!!

post-148213-14141692772941_thumb.jpgpost-148213-14141693161153_thumb.jpgpost-148213-141416933558_thumb.jpg