Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Seems strange to be in a tree stand with temps in the mid 70's but I guess you never know. Saw dozens of grass frogs on the way to the stand lol. Cold front moving in, maybe the deer will be on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

skippy I'm heading out to pike cty Ill..tmorrow would ya mind breaking wind for me and plowing the roads..........??

I can break wind alright! I'm trying for my first year since 2007 not to grill venison while it's still moving. I'm home tonight. .gonna be a tree hugger next week. Good luck Ray! I57 lots of big bucks..seen nice 150 and bigger.

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Had a nice 8 come by at 545. Only deer I saw. Had a decent shot but it was one of those deals where you wonder if you will get a chance at better. Guess I will have to wait and see if I made the right decision. I've never shot one over 115 inches and I'm hoping (as I have for a couple years) to better that. Was cool though, saw him come, he never saw me and it was great to be out. Back out at a different stand in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ok rob i gave ya 12 pages and no deer yet,let me help ..........When Playing candy crush turn off th volume...leave the X4 at home ground temp wont help ya hunting,,,cowbells are not good attractors....turn off the deck lights when getting in or out of stand,ya dont need downriggers to rise and lower yer bow and gear..and forget the net ,once they are dead ya dont need to run up to it and net it...and fishfinders only work in water tho that was a nice try...in a couple hours Im heading to pike cty Il.300 acre private farm only hunted by 5 of us and 2 are more concerned with camp food than hunting ,im going in dyhard mode and should get a nice 150 or bigger their are 2 170 on camera ..this area is new to me but ive been studing google earth and will be there 2 days early to glass.....I feel very blessed to be invited there...my biggest bow but is 162 witout deductions....i would love to beat that,,ill have 7 to 10 days to GETERDONE...

Ok rob i gave ya 12 pages and no deer yet,let me help ..........When Playing candy crush turn off th volume...leave the X4 at home ground temp wont help ya hunting,,,cowbells are not good attractors....turn off the deck lights when getting in or out of stand,ya dont need downriggers to rise and lower yer bow and gear..and forget the net ,once they are dead ya dont need to run up to it and net it...and fishfinders only work in water tho that was a nice try...in a couple hours Im heading to pike cty Il.300 acre private farm only hunted by 5 of us and 2 are more concerned with camp food than hunting ,im going in dyhard mode and should get a nice 150 or bigger their are 2 170 on camera ..this area is new to me but ive been studing google earth and will be there 2 days early to glass.....I feel very blessed to be invited there...my biggest bow but is 162 witout deductions....i would love to beat that,,ill have 7 to 10 days to GETERDONE...attachicon.gifDSCN1686 (2).jpg

Thanks??? Ray. Good Luck!

After a two week "lull" in the action (with both standing sightings and camera visits), it seems the buck activity is finally gaining some steam. The three cameras that I checked this week all point to an increase in buck activity starting around October 23. Buck camera visits have outnumbered does 2to1, while stand sightings have been closer to 3to1. Scrape activity is once again a priority. Scrapes that haven't seen attention in 1-2 weeks are getting opened up again. (Including 3 mock scapes I made).

It shouldn't be news to anyone reading this that November is the time to be in the woods. And it's never any surprise that during the last week of October, things start to get exciting in the deer woods.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app