Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Stud on his feet during daylight hours!!! Maybe next time he won't be walking 50 yards deep in the thicket though.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So driving into work this morning, noticed as almost every morning, a truck parked from a hunter adjacent to the field.  This time however what looked to be a big 8 maybe a 10 walkiing along about 50 yards from his vehicle.  That would of made a great Chevy advertisement.  I wanted to get a pic but thought I might screw things up for this guy if he was in sight of trying to maybe call to this deer.  That deer may have also realized its safer out of the woods than in the woods with how much this guy has hunted that wood lot.  Kinda of funny though.

Moved to a secluded 1acre corn that has been very productive so far. Middle of the day and a corn field? Not sure, but its the rut, its surrounded by thickit and a swamp and can see over the whole field! Ready to knock one stiff!

Matt after I got down this morning I took a walk around the back of property as I walked along a corn field that surrounds a small island of land I caught a 6 pt walk right out of the corn 50 yds from me and walk the edge between the corn and island. He never knew I was there

Right now bucks are wandering every where searching out a hot doe.

I beleive some doe are already in heat but you can catch a buck looking for the next keep at it

I think that this rain is going to put a damper on things, but once it passes mid-day tomorrow, watch out!! This could be the best weekend of the year to be a hunter...and I'm off work next week. Truly, it does not suck to be me. At least, for now. :rofl:

Edited by Gator

2 bucks already past me this morning. Didn't see the first one really well because it was still dark. The second was a 2.5 year old 8 pt. Grunted to him and he came right to me , Downwind.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app