Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Worth going out this afternoon or not? It's the rut, anything can happen and I have a dryer so I'm gonna go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would take every chance you have to hunt this time of year

Out again for the fifth night in a row and the 28th time this year. Hoping something will change oh it did. A truck pulls up out on the road after some screaming I get down to check it out. Just a father trying to get his son to take a cap on an old toilet left in a turn around. Thanks guys. Worst part dad was trying to tape him with his phone. Parenting?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

During the 20 mins that it stop raining there was good movement. Once it started back up it was over. Back at it in the am. I've got so many hours in the last week and a half and have not seen the Bucks that I'm used to. It's driving me crazy!

37 days into the season and 43 hunts, I think the "grind" is getting to me. I am certainly suffering from a bit of mid season frustration with the lack of action and dealing with the terrible weather. Im betting there is many of you thinking the same thing. I can only hope, at this point, that the next 10 days will probably be the best of the entire season and I can absolutely promise that it will go fast. Im gambling on my best half dozen sets to spend my time in over the next 10 days with only the wind as guidance. For all of us, we can only hope that a good buck makes a very big mistake.

It was overall a miserable morning to be in a tree stand but I did see the big one I've been after. I grunted to him and he was coming in on a string until a doe ran across the far side of the field and he decided he'd rather spend some time with a lady than get into a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

37 days into the season and 43 hunts, I think the "grind" is getting to me. I am certainly suffering from a bit of mid season frustration with the lack of action and dealing with the terrible weather. Im betting there is many of you thinking the same thing. I can only hope, at this point, that the next 10 days will probably be the best of the entire season and I can absolutely promise that it will go fast. Im gambling on my best half dozen sets to spend my time in over the next 10 days with only the wind as guidance. For all of us, we can only hope that a good buck makes a very big mistake.

Let us Pray!  Here comes to what I hope is a well formulated vacation next week!

I am finding it harder every day to be "excited" to get up early and go. I continue to do so because the "what if" feeling is worse. I have seen more deer in the first half of the season vs now. It is making it harder to make long sits. I find myself being frustrated/let down if I don't see anything in a couple hours which is not like me at all. I have hunted nearly every morning and every afternoon and it is definitely taking its toll. I continue to tell myself my hard work and time invested will eventually pay off. Good luck to all for the rest of the season looking forward to more stories

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Guppy35 - Your baby/twig snap picture cracked me up. Wish I was computer savvy enough to send it out. Would get a lot of laughs. My son saw bucks 14 times (some more than once of course) last Saturday but big guys too far away. Dead during middle of week with hot temps. He is coming back tonight (from Mass.) and with the weather change i am guessing things will have picked up considerably. 

Headed south this afternoon to Wyoming county to get away from the gusty winds near the lake shore. I am hoping for an epic afternoon sit.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14153886490555_thumb.jpg