Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Hunted this weekend and saw the big guy I was after.  160" 10 point, had him at last light 48 yards just too thick to shoot.  It seems like they are skirting my spot by 20 yards to my south.  If it were gun that boy would be done.  Hopefully I see him saturday morning.  He is a booner for sure, at my other spot same property saw a smaller 10 point only 140" rack.  He would make a nice constellation prize if I can't seal the deal on the big boy. Then 2 120" 8 points.  they need another year hope they make it!

My son Tyler scored his second 7 pt of his short hunting career yesterday. Had a chance at a larger buck 15 minutes before but it heard him stand up. The larger buck chased this guy out of the thicket and right to him. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1415636083.406940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesome. Congrats!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a little warm out today but I decided to play hookey and got out to my stand about an hr ago. I'm in the same set that I sliced the shoulder of a giant 10 pt a week ago Sunday. I checked the camera on the way in, and saw that 4-6 doe and a nice young 9 pt came through right under my stand at 8:30 all ready. About to start tickling the horns together and see what else is patrolling this massive thicket.

My son Tyler scored his second 7 pt of his short hunting career yesterday. Had a chance at a larger buck 15 minutes before but it heard him stand up. The larger buck chased this guy out of the thicket and right to him. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1415636083.406940.jpg

GREAT SHOT TYLER!!  :ninja:  :ninja:  :yes:

2 of the hunters last week showered 2x a day to control sent washed clothes everyday..and couldnt belive a opossum busted him at 25 yds...with 2 layers of sent lock atire...but they did look good.. me shower at the end of day,same pants coat,everyday blood and guts who cares deer dont...and i shot more deer and videoed even more than they saw for the week.................hunt the wind no exceptions {bow season} gun too but ya got a little more room for error......

I agree 100% but for some reason in the area of Monroe County that I hunt the wind constantly seems to swirl. That being said I go into the woods as sent free as I can, especially my boots.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Good activity tonight. Too bad it was all after 5:00. 3 bucks endlessly chasing the same doe. Saw a big shooter 8pt tonight also.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm with everyone on scent control and wind but I feel there are a few days where it's in your best interest to throw caution to the wind and just go for it in your best stand no matter the wind. Opening day of bow being one. The very first bitter cold/gloomy day in November and opening day of gun. Also I have stands that deer can come from any direction so I feel like you just have to hunt them no matter the wind when the timing is right. I don't know.....just my opinion. 95% of the time I play the wind first and for most.

Jake I hunt Orleans co. Wind swirls a lot on my property. That being said. Guys I dont want to possibly anybody off but. Everything this yr has been late fishing leaves and now deer. I just started hunting this weekend for that reason. Yes you are going to see some people get bid deer. You can go by the moon and everything else. The rut is late this year. For the past10 yrs within 500yards of my land we have had 1or 2 large bucks on the ground. These r deer over 125 and up to 160. They are usually shot within a couple of day around Halloween. Of the surrounding land that is being hunted.600+ acres. Mine is only20. Having talked with neighbors this weekend nobody has seen a shooter. Warm weather extra scent in woods doesn't help eather. Its Nice to see what everybody is seeing. Hopefully this weekend gets a bit more exciting. Guys gals and kids happy hunting this weekend and be safe.

John