Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Thats the same one I use.

I was just at dicks this afternoon and they had them there. Think they were around $20.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Alright thanks man! The one in Victor hasn't any all season I'll have to check in syracuse friday.

Yesterday was a pretty good night to saw 2 different bucks with does has 2 more bucks fighting a short distance away and saw three other does just trying to steer clear of the choas. One friend bagged a nice 11 probably 140 last night. Rut seems to always be delayed up next to the lake.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Decent activity last night. Had 2 young bucks scent check the bedding area, fairly early. Saw a doe get bumped out of the bedding area around dusk but never saw what pushed her out.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My kid picked this stand for me this morning. He said he had a good feeling about it today. Let's hope he's right !

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14158844991124_thumb.jpg

Light snow and little wind = one four point chasing in six hours in the stand yesterday. And a doe we walked up to on the way in. Brutally slow.

Off to give it one last hurrah before the onslaught.

Edited by Gator

Yup the Bucks are with the doe's for sure right now. I'd be surprised to see a mature deer right now that's not with a doe. Wheatland ay? I'll have to take a drive.........lol

Edited by JakeyBaby

He's a monster actually crossed the ridge above me as I was dragging this one out. Speaking of dragging I kinda wish my brother who's 6'7 270lbs didn't move out to Montana this lone dragging is for the birds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oh it's happening! I just snapped these pics of a Hammer 10 pt with a doe right in someone's drive way near Wheatland

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1415969945.075856.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1415969958.763259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree Dan but it just seems this week has been somewhat slower paced than what I'm used to and from what I've been following on this thread was slower this week than last or until my post came out today things picked right up. The big boys are tied up now for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Pretty solid action for the month of November. Ive witnessed a lot of chasing. Ive seen a lot of smaller bucks cruising also.But finally No doubt the peak of the rut is here. Big bucks are on locked onto does and the does are receptive.This last cold front, really kicked things into high gear. In the past 26 hours I have seen 5 shooters all of which were within gun range. I got to watch a breeding party yesterday afternoon which consisted of a hot doe and a stud 8pt (140s) with 2 small bucks 75 yards away just hoping for a chance at her. 430 yesterday i had a clean miss on a good 8pt who was just cruising, He came to my worst shooting window to my right side. I managed to stop him at 40 yards broadside just before he reentered the thicket. He crouched (jumped the string?) and shot just barely over his back. This morning redemption? 25 yards and the arrow hit a small branch from the tree that im in, deflected and hit the deer sideways. Yes the arrow actually hit the deer sideways. Disappointing to say the least. A couple of tough misses. Back at it for one last sit before the cannons start to fire.