Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

We have a disgruntled Hunter from a few houses down, mad about some of the deer we've shot over the years that he's been after as well as an adjacent land owner that doesn't allow hunting. The hunter knows alot of the time when I shoot a deer because he's a member here so he feeds the landowner with info on if we're down there or if we shot deer. Whatta Ya know shot a deer and posted a picture yesterday morning and 645 this morning the landowner is doing laps on his 4 wheeler by one of our stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

3 corrections - #1 not disgruntled, I only stated facts and let you know I would be up on your mysterious "ridge" so I did not get shots thrown at me, #2 landowner allows hunting and I'm the one that hunts the ground, #3 I didn't feed the landowner any information I'm pretty sure he has the right to patrol and do whatever he feels he wants to on the land he owns and pays taxes for.  If you don't like it and you do as you say "shoot all of these deer on the property you have permission on" then why is it you have all of your treestands right on my posted line?  Why note 50 or 60 yards into the property so you can cover more ground?  Seems odd you would want to put a stand where you have 180 degrees of area you can shoot anything doesn't it?  Yes it does bum me out when a buck or two that I try to do QDM on gets harvested but as I said, if it was legal it's all good and I congratulated you, just like I did your dad when he got the big one. I simply let you know I would be hunting to the east of you and I don't wear orange so you and your crew didn't shoot in my direction, pretty legit statement I think unless I'm missing something.

Opening day i heard well over a hundred shots, with the first one being at 6:19 a.m.  That person must have been using a shotgun with open sights and the deer must have been standing right under his stand to be able to see it at that time.

Out of our group, 3 bucks were harvested opening day.  Two 8 points, and a 10 point.

attachicon.gifIMG_0126.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0123.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0124.JPG    attachicon.gifIMG_0125.JPG

Nice job! I used to hunt Addison Tuscarora area for many years

Jakey no congrats for me it was all him we hunt different property’s now but stay in touch and occasionally talk strategy but rest assured he does all he can to put his son and himself on the best deer in the area each and every year, he is a great hunter that is detailed in every aspect of the hunt. He works hard for the wallhanger's he has and has certainly desvered each one he has gotten.

Awesome buck!! Any rough score?

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rough Score is pushing 160 and that is a very rough green score you could have 5 armatures score this buck and come up with a wide range of scores. There will be a lot of deductions but like I always say Nets are for fish! Right now he is just enjoying what it is and  I will let you guys know in 60 days what the pro's come up with.

I didn't see it but I am sure they are out there.  I have seen a number of nice bucks this season.  One tipping the scales at 160" that farm country allows them to get big!  My families' property isn't far from Marion I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on facebook.

Edited by Chas0218

Got out tonight for an hour and a half. Very nice night. 12 does and a 140 to 150 class buck. He was still on the prowl. I owe the farmer who finally cut the corn. Maybe tomorrow he will be a bit closer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm still having a tuff time seeing deer! Part of the problem I believe is the 200 acres I'm primarily hunting was logged last winter. Worst year b for me by far, but still grinding it out In This nasty cold. Back at it in AM to freeze, but if it ever does come together it will truly be one of the most memorable bucks since I've had to work and sit so hard for! At this point a respectable 2 1/2 yr old would be an hell of a achievement with the season I've had.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Ive been on the sidelines for a few days and havent been in the woods since monday (which was a stellar day). Hoping this gusty wind will quit for me but it doesnt look like there is any relief from it until this arctic front finally leaves us on saturday. My house this week it has been 25-30 mph sustained winds with 35-40 mph gusts everyday make for less then ideal deer hunting conditions. I have been doing some field scouting at dusk this week at a few stand locations and havent seen a deer yet. Hopefully once the wind dies down then hopefully the deer and I will be more motivated. According to the forecast friday afternoon conditions seem better, so hopefully i can get back out there.