Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Tons of movement behind my house tonight - seven doe, one group which was a mom back with her two yearlings and another group of four that really didn't like the group of three.  Then all ears went up on all the doe and a nice eight point came out. He just browsed on my grass along side the doe until an eighth solo doe came out and he started to follow her around (not chasing, but just slow walking) for about 15 minutes. He would just follow her back and forth. 

Just shooting with the camera tonight as my season is complete with filled tags, but it really was a fantastic show for about an hour or so.

Good luck to everyone,

Chris

Red sky in morning...

Great way to start off the day. Conditions are as close to perfect as they get. We just need some deer!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14166588904312_thumb.jpg

I walked up on what I thought was a giant doe at a semi-frozen watering hole yesterday afternoon, 30 yards away max, head down drinking through a hole "she'd" stomped in the ice. I'd decided to take a big doe if I saw one early, so it seemed perfect. Scope up, safety off. Steady...

Hold on, did I just see a glint of bone? Safety back on. 

Sure enough, when the "doe" lifted her head, she turned out to be a six point lacking half a rack on the side facing me. The other side wasn't visible to me with the head down and quartering away. Explains why she was so big!

The rest of the afternoon, I had some small bucks running around, some small doe pass by, and some large doe right at dark when I was too frozen to want to deal with a deer  :rofl:

Heading out the door now, very windy here, the deer movement has dropped considerably, huntin a property with big cedar swamp hope the deer are hangin in there, hope you guys don't mind some ontario reports here....I'm just over the border from where you boys are!

No issues brother, welcome. Get a big one!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What a difference a week can make...

Lots and lots of stand visits from does and fawns but bucks almost seem to of all disappeared. I've have only seen 3 racks since the season opener. It's amazing how a bit of pressure along with the lockdown change the dynamic of the woods. If you have a doe in heat send by my tree and liven up these woods a bit, thanks.

I'm expecting a lot more people are in the woods today with these warm temps. I have almost heard as many shots today as I heard all morning yesterday

9 doe yesterday afternoon right before dark a deer comes up out of thickets it's a piebald I think it's the button buck but it stops 40 yds from me it was a mature doe

That's 3 different piebald deer on this property

I had scope on here but had a fantasy of the 10 pt following behind so let her pass off course he never showed

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app