Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

The deer in pressured areas are starting to take chances in late afternoons now, the mornings on the other hand are ghost town. They appear to be well bedded down prior to shooting light.  These observations are from heavily hunted northern Niagara county, of course in the 'burbs or in lightly pressured areas it can still happen anytime.

Good luck to all. 

Buck down! I shot a small 8pt tonight while field hunting this afternoon. Nothing for the wall but perfect for the freezer.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Took a doe this afternoon at 1515 hrs.240 yard shot. Love my Savage 270. They were standing in the pasture on the farm where I hunt with my son-in-law. They have been coming to the pasture pretty early the last few days. Back at them tomorrow.

Sometimes a mans gotta eat good for you Rob......in a desperate act today i hit the bedroom,,hate to do it but this new area has had too much pressure...um i got busted in the heavy brush ,,rack and tail at 40 yds for 1 sec,leaf trailed it for 400 yds never slowed down and crossed the fence..saw 2 nice doe at 50 yds but too long of a drag..tomorrow i break out the waders and head back for the big boy..and a corn feed doe ..with the population so low i hate to shoot a doe..but ..Sometimes a mans gotta eat..

Congrats Rob.  There was a decent buck standing in your field when I drove by on thursday at 330pm. 

Come on man! You gotta text me when you see that stuff! LOL! Thats where i shot this one. Far east end of the field.