Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

That's a nice buck your friend got, congrats to him!  The one you have pictures of is a dandy, hopefully you get a chance at him before late season is over.  Either that or hope he makes it through until next season for you!  Couldn't image what he'd look like next year.

Dang Jakeybaby- If you ever need help thinning them big bucks just out let me know :rofl:  :rofl: . It was tough sledding on the property I hunt. We haven't even been seeing anything. I shot a doe opening mourning and a buddy shot a nice 10 pointer but the deer seemed to disappear this year.

Last night's action consisted of 6 deer (mix of does and fawns) making their way out to the cut bean field within minutes of actual sunset. 200+ yards is not a shot I'm comfortable with though.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14181582337944_thumb.jpg

Talk about the calm before the storm... It truly is quiet out here tonight. Conditions seem right. Let's hope the deer think the same thing.

I hunted with my bow tonight and had one heck of a great evening. There was chasing in the bedding area, must have been some late does, and I watched a great looking eight point circumnavigate a small swamp along with two doe for over an hour. Ultimately, he gave me a twenty yard quartering away shot. I came to full draw...and passed on him. There's three doe in the freezer and he'll be truly special next year. Funny, but if he'd been smaller, I'd have probably let fly.

Pre-storm activity and some full moon December rut going on made it one of the more exciting sits this year.

Good luck! looks like something was scraping up the snow out there. RU in a blind?

Just in a makeshift blind now d made from a blow down on the field edges. The field is dug up pretty good in front of me from feeding deer.

No deer sightings in the bean field tonight. But walking out I stumbled on a bunch. Maybe 10+. The snow tells the story and I know where to spend the next couple of afternoons.

arrgh crossed  the river..still hunted for 4 hrs then there he was 150 yds laying down all i could see was 1 side of his rack beautiful 6pts on it right side and im sure the left matched ...closed the gap by 30 yds on a side mountian...couldnt get a chunk of lead in him if i had 20 shots just a sliver of body through the trees,then the wind carried my stink to him and 4 other deer...see ya........... it looked better than this one i got a few years back...way better......

post-139681-0-57298400-1418505257_thumb.jpg

well i knew i could find it but looks like he will grow another year..my knees are shot...15 years ago i would of tracked it till one of us droped

Wow! Blew another opportunity tonight at sunset. Decent 8pt but I don't think he was over 125". Clean miss.

I checked my phone to see what time it was and by the time I looked back up the buck had almost made it through my first shot window. I did a couple of mouth grunts but he didn't stop. The little buck behind him did though . After the little buck lost interest I got up and beat feet to get another shot opportunity. I snuck out to the field and peeked around the corner and there stood a fawn. I got down on one knee and got in good shooting form. Out pops a big doe with the buck pushing her. Of course the buck instantly notices me clear as day in a snow covered field. I was forced to take a shot while he was quartering towards me. Problem being I had to also shoot through the brush to get the shot. Who knows... brush might of got me. At this point, I can only laugh at my luck this season.

The more Monday's you endure the more Friday's you enjoy. Results are great but effort still counts too. Put your time in dude the next few days if you can, you just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United