After the Blow Opinions

Just curious on everyone's thoughts after a bad stir up of the Lake this late in the season?

Planning on coming up on Thursday until Monday to fish Mexico, and have been watching the weather and sure looks like it's a blow off for the first 2 days. Considering how strange this season has been and having   5 hr ride just wondering your thoughts on how much it will affect the bite after the stir up. Just seems the fish are really late and might be worth waiting another week and hope the weathers better. knowing this will be our last trip of the year and it was slow fishing earlier. Just wondering everyone's thoughts since it seems going by some of the posts that the Thermo is still in play and the fish are still kind of spotty.

Depending on the size of your boat it could be after the weekend before it settles down enough to get out.

LAKE ONTARIO OPEN WATERS FROM HAMLIN BEACH TO THE SAINT LAWRENCE
RIVER-
430 AM EDT WED SEP 10 2014
.TODAY...SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST. WAVES
2 FEET OR LESS.
.TONIGHT...SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH TO
30 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...THEN OCCASIONAL
SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 TO
3 FEET BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FEET.
.THURSDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS TO 30 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 15 TO
25 KNOTS. OCCASIONAL SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
AFTERNOON. WAVES 5 TO 9 FEET SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FEET.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH
10 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET.
.FRIDAY...NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 15 TO
20 KNOTS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.
.SATURDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO
15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.
.SUNDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts after a bad stir up of the Lake this late in the season?

Planning on coming up on Thursday until Monday to fish Mexico, and have been watching the weather and sure looks like it's a blow off for the first 2 days. Considering how strange this season has been and having   5 hr ride just wondering your thoughts on how much it will affect the bite after the stir up. Just seems the fish are really late and might be worth waiting another week and hope the weathers better. knowing this will be our last trip of the year and it was slow fishing earlier. Just wondering everyone's thoughts since it seems going by some of the posts that the Thermo is still in play and the fish are still kind of spotty.

As noted, if you have a smaller boat it may be until after the weekend until you can fish but then again that forecast can and probably will change daily.  Also, if the direction has some some east in it you will be less effected by it in Mexico Bay.  The blow will most likely only effect where the fish are based on what it does to the temp. With the call for constant directional wind changes, when all is said and done it may not even change it all that much. All this south wind is bringing temp way up and bringing the fish in closer because at this point they will not be leaving until they run, but the hard west and north west should bring that warm water right back and warm up the inside waters again.

I am not a river fisherman, but with the abundance of Coho showing up, I wouldn't be surprised to see more fish hit the river this weekend because I don't think they tend to stick around very long.  Fishing this past week was GREAT with lots of fish crushing A-Tom-Mik flies behind both skateboards and spinnies between 100 - 200 fow in Oswego with most boats catching.  At some point here the fishing will slow, so get em while the getting is good my friends !!  

Lots of charter boats still running trips and have openings with some of the best fishing of the year happening right now.  Don't wait!  Pull your boat out, call a charter and book a day, whatever it takes. It's gonna be a long cold winter :)

Edited by Fishtails

Thanks guys for the feed back. Heading up tomorrow morning until Monday, I'll let you know how we do. And it's nice to know that there's people out there that will share info that they have worked for to help some of us that are still figuring this all out. THanks

•        KLICK ON THE WORD NOTICE ( it will show you a small map that this forecast is made for)
19NM NNE Oswego NY Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
For More Weather Information:

Buffalo, NY Local Forecast Office

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Edited by rolmops

So next weekend around the 20th of September you don't expect the fish to still be in the lake and catchable? That is the only time I can get there. I am fine with catching coho for sure!

There will still be fish in the lake next weekend. Barely any have been running up the river yet. They won't all be up there this week.

Bigger concern would be is the lake calm enough to fish.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Wassup8687

Well managed to get out this past weekend, fished fri night we went 2 for 2 on kings. fished 120ft, 100 down front of the SR river, both on Frogga SD & Green Hammer.

Sat morning didn't move a rod, but boy did we get beat up with the waves. called it a day at 11:00 and took us 2 hrs to get in from 140ft of water.

Sunday morning went 2 for 2 again in the same area 1 king on a blue and green Pro troll and a Brownie on a NBK slider. Stayed out all day and didn't move another rod

Same thing on Monday, fished until noon and nothing. Marked a ton of bait and fish 120-140ft, from Selkirk to the Dunes but no takers. Good luck to whoever gets back out again and thanks again for all the info everyone is willing to share.

And by the way, Paul you still owe 5 tickets for that ride we had coming in on Sat......LOL

The lake was rocking today. I went out of the Salmon but it was really rough. Big rollers and white caps. I turned around and went back in.

I could only see 2 other boats out and one looked like a 30' and it was rocking and rolling. Hopefully it'll lay back down soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Wassup8687