Another outstanding full moon bite

Kevin J Legg

For the third month in a row the full moon has produced excellent catches for me. The walleyes seem to move up on shallower shoals and even suspend in shallower depths. I caught most on deep divers off long line and several in 30-50 fow suspended.  As the sun came up I did pick up a couple on the bottom bouncers in 30-45 fow. I went 6 for 9 and released 3 about 19-20 inchers. The ones I kept weighed 7.1, 5.9, and 3.5 lbs.

post-144887-0-92269900-1410356424_thumb.jpg

Nice going Kevin. It also underscores the possibility that some of us who believe that the poor fishing for trout and salmon during recent daytime intervals may reflect the haevy  feeding at night in the bright light theory".

Way to Kevin, great job. I never knew one of my friends parents have a house right on the river in Clayton, and her father has a good ramp into the river, and said I could launch there any time. So next year when we come up tp the BRCG, for a week if we get a day or two with a big blow we could try the river!! My brother was up earlier this summer and he showed me the pics, the smallies they caught were awesome!!! Of course I would like to try for an eye or two LOL.