Thank You Tall Tails

Fishtails

I want to thank Capt. Brian Garret of Tall Tails for a good deed.  Two days ago I pulled the boat from K&G to Wrights marina in Oswego and I forgot the tie down I put on my Otter Boats that I leave on my hardtop.  I'm good like that  :) .  We notice at Wrights we are missing an Otter boat so after launching the boat and docking, we traced our route back but it was nowhere to be found.

I quickly gave up on it and owe another thanks to Al and Mary from Hook N Up on Red Dock for offering the use of one of theirs.  When I returned to the boat several hours later, There sat BOTH otter boats on my engine box  :yes:  :yes: .  Crazy thing is, I don't have my name on them. Turns out Brian left K&G soon after I did and figured it was mine after seeing me leave shortly before  I suppose.   

So Thank you Very much Tall Tails, I owe you one !!!  Times like this really make me feel good about our fishing community in general, and honored to be a very small part of it.

I have found the guys on Lake O to be extremely helpful - and I mean all the guys - from the weekend warriors like us to the charters who make their living on the lake.  Much more so than the fishermen on the other body of water we fish - the Chesapeake Bay.  Down there it is like we are in competition for "their" fish.  If you give anyone any help down there you are "spot burning" or "lure burning" or "technique burning".  Radio chatter is often abusive.  Stories like this one reinforce the positive image that people like me, who get on Lake O for maybe 10-15 days a year, have about the people up there,  Keep it up!

Brian & Marlene are prob two of the nicest people you will meet at Wrights! They have always taken time to chat & make me feel welcome when I was the " New kid on the block " in Oz......salt of the earth folks!

Cheers!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app