Need some Walleye help in the Oswego River

MAK17

I'm in the hunt for walleye, can someone give me some pointers as to general location, bait, depth?

I'm fishing in a boat with a humminbird 165 fish finder. I'm new to the fishing world. any advise would be greatly appreciated!

if you look around on this site particularly under the walleye forum you should find all the help you need to get started. Just look for post dated around the same time of year even if they're from previous years it will give you a good reference Point.this site is a treasure trove of information you just have to look for it. Good luck

Thanks guys! I know some people have caught walleye from the spill over just south of the lower fulton lock/dam. I have tried there a couple of times and nothing but bass are hitting. Maybe I need to head down towards oswego more? Maybe between minetto and oswego upper locks?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Walleye can be caught from shore in Fulton and Phoenix in the spring and fall casting shallow floaters, and bouncing jigs/twisters. When the fall shore fishing gets good on Oneida, that's the time to try in the evenings. Numbers in this system are not Oneida lake levels. But they are definitely catchable.

In general, walleyes can be caught at the face of every dam in the Seneca, Oneida, and some on the Oswego river in the month of October at night.