Oneida 9/14

Miss em

Slower bite this morning but picked up as the day went on.  Ended up with a nice bag of fillets.  10 walleyes total with 6 shorts.  F7 Rapala 8 feet behind the ball was best perch rig and one walleye.  Bare Naked Reef Runner fished down around 30 feet was best for the keeper walleyes.  Fished mile east of the South Shore Launch and North of Shackleton Shoals.  35-40 fow.

post-139696-0-19765200-1410727515_thumb.jpg

Jeff i cant deny that if it werent for fuel costs i would have trailered up a few times just to day fish and catch numbers! Night fishing isnt possible for everyone or enjoyable. I actually am over last seasons numbers considerably, but its been almost all night fishing. Last year i never had to fish at night in the summer. Good oxygen levels to 35 feet this late in the year made it possible for the fish to stay down in cooler less active temps. Where as 2 years ago when EVERYBODY caught all summer Good oxygen levels barely made it down 20, with last year in between, forcing them up where they are more active and easier to target. Plus with cooler overall water temps this summer the eyes were willing to go shallow at night all summer. When temps get well into the 80s they dont come in that shallow water where the bait is at night. We only hit 80 for 4 days and i trolled 21 in daylight that weekend. You and JGS got em that weekend too along with a few others. Long story short the walleyes were uncatchable in daylight basically...twilight maybe.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app