9/14 Oneida

JGS

Did a quick morning trip with high hopes. Got out of the south shore launch and went to deep water in the channel.  Grab first rod to set up, looked in boat and I completely forgot my tackle box with all my crankbaits, had boxes of flasher & flies on boat still(not a hot walleye bait). So we fished the whole day with the same 6 reef runner 800's and TDD11's that were on the six rods from my last otisco trip. Ended up 4 for 6, three keeper eyes and a white bass.  Only bite on the riggers all day was white bass, all 5 walleye bites were taken on the three way rigs on boards, one on the crankbait two on the spoons. Miss em way out fished us again.!.

Good job guys...tough with no tackle! Ive run those bigger lures in high water temps in oneida and its slow, but the fish i caught were over 20inches. Once i downsized it was a busy day with little walleye....you guys should get your flatlines going down here at night. Im not pounding em most nights but no trouble getting 2-3 good fish. Pm me if you wanna just come fish and skip the boat hauling and launching etc. Dusk to dark deep then move up and flatline shallow bout hour after dark.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Swimbaits work jigging so i bet they do, but hard to control your depth. Ive been meaning to try them un weighted off riggers, but havent gotten to it. Plus i think youd want a treble as you dont get much hookset. Sticks and shad raps etc are just the easiest things to troll...expensive...but highly effective!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app