Muskoka Pike

Thanks fishmaker. I see it there just east of Georgian Bay and north of lake Simcoe. Looks like smack dab in the midst of many great (?) fishing waters. I say....(?)....because I have never fished "inland" Ontario waters. Too much good fishing near here! But will have to venture into Canadian inland waters more. Seems like many lifetimes of potentially good fishing. Noticed on the regional fishmuskoka.com forum a guy who picked up a nice 8lb+ 'eye from a Mooseknuckle lake (couldn't find on google maps) this summer. Are walleyes often called pickerel up there? And pike are called pike I assume....if they aren't also called pickerel by some. I see lots of smallies, pike and walleye and lakers are in Muskoka. Must be the general mix everywhere up in that "endless lakes" area.

You're totally right, great mix bag in Muskoka. Pickerel is the canadian form of walleye....but unfortunately our counterparts to the south have it right when they call them walleye. Fishing in the US is, and will always be good because of the dedication of your state run DNR stocking programs. You people know how to manage a resource, we up here hope for Mother Nature to take care of our resource....and with over fishing it's not really working. However, I still love to get on the water and wet a line, it just would be nice to catch a little more fish than we are now.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United