I ran my little blue boat in and out around them big charters at the river mouth not a thing. Have a couple hundred spoons ,plug ,ff,df,sd, i even listened to everyone on here blue another hundred on more spoons. Still nothing. Don't what the problem is. Im running a trolling plate is it spooking the fish ?

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Put on a #3 or 4 Glo Green Floures  3 or4 Silver Bullet J Plug. Put  both back 40 ' on riggers. Run one ball 7-10' off bottom & one Half way down .Start First light out front   in 20' & workyour way out gradually   to 60 till you see fish on finder or hook up.ADJUST RIGGER TO BOTTOM! Pull up that plate & do a lot of lazy  S -turns. As Sun comes up , lengthen both  leads.Good Luck.

I understand about the $$$$ part , it seems like I'm always diving into the wishing well with all my outdoors adventures but heck , it's a fun ride.

Anyways, its also called fishing not catching . Lol. I know we always want to see results from our efforts but some things like catching we just don't control all the time.

I'm relativity new at the lake game but in past times I know once they stage close and in shallower water they can hug the bottom and get lock jaw.

You literly need to be on the bottom as would be for say lakers.

The traffic and cables zinging through the water also puts the fish down as well.

If you keep at it your time will come .

Good luck

Rich

What Bailey said is a good bet. My last boat I had to use buckets on and they work great. Drill a 2" hole right in the bottom and tie off to a cleat with about 10' of rope or so they don't go past the back of boat. Plus you can steer better without that trolling plate. Good luck

Use sea bags.  I use two when it is two ruff for my trolling motor.  I like the bags way better in fact even in rough water it takes a ton of play out of the boat.  Sea bags is the way to go.  More bucks but way cheaper than what you have into spoons etc.  

Welcome to the fishless Club . Marc in a nut shell let me tell ya this. "There are so many things to learn, dont give up man! Once ya start gettin a few of these things its an addiction! You will never get enough! I have been doin it for 25 yrs and will not stop ! EVER! Keep at it dude . A Charter cap. will let ya know a few secrets , but not all! Its up to you to learn and proceed, some wise words for you to keep in mind .....A winner never quits, a quitter never wins"                                             FISH ON

I was told by biologists at the boat launch at Mexico bay that last year they had a large run of two year olds along with the three year olds. They state they don't know why. They said the run this year will be very low in numbers because of the twos running ,they are the ones that would have run this year. I don't see the numbers out there. I was at the river today and there were no mature ones at the hatchery yet. I saw a few browns. Usually this time of year I would see more at the hatchery by now. Fish cleaning guys aren't seeing many fish. I trolled past couple days in 80- 120- 40 and only saw a few, I caught one coho at 100. I caught limit several times near Labor Day and a few here and there.This year sucked. They say Oswego was better.

Marc,

I can tell you one thing for sure. Its been proven for me time and time again. Watch the barometer. If it's 30.2 or higher...stay home. Activity always sucks on a high barometer. I bet you werent the only one who was fishless today. It was over 30.2 this morning.

Put on a #3 or 4 Glo Green Floures 3 or4 Silver Bullet J Plug. Put both back 40 ' on riggers. Run one ball 7-10' off bottom & one Half way down .Start First light out front in 20' & workyour way out gradually to 60 till you see fish on finder or hook up.ADJUST RIGGER TO BOTTOM! Pull up that plate & do a lot of lazy S -turns. As Sun comes up , lengthen both leads.Good Luck.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I kind of don't get it. With all the information starting in the spring of how cold it was last winter and how every aspect of the season was about 3 weeks late, why people aren't just embracing it and targeting them as such. Hell people were calling off the season and pulling boats Labor day weekend. Fish didn't stage in #s out of Fairhaven till 2 days before Labor Day. I'd have to say there is some prime time lake fishing to be had now and there aren't a lot of people out there in the game. I'd be after them if I hadn't just got operated on. Go Get um fellas!!!

Had a plate, I HATED IT ! Been pulling buckets since around 1978.drill about 15  3/4 holes in bottom, take off handle  & drill 4   3/4  holes across from each other in that ring where handle was attached & make a harness out of about 3' of rope so you can tie your boat lead in center of bucket to that so they are ahead of your riggers. Run one on each side,just one or none.Mine are in & out of the water all day.    They are the man. You don't need to go as slow as you might think. Do a lot of turning & S curves.

I just got in to the salmon fishing thing and rigged up my pontoon boat. The last three trips on the lake we've got 3kings and one brown. I've had good luck with the flasher and fly combo on the rigger.post-154741-14109208521338_thumb.jpgpost-154741-14109208704422_thumb.jpgpost-154741-14109208804284_thumb.jpgpost-154741-1410920893402_thumb.jpg

Get your FREAK on!!