I've had better days on the water

Well, we got a touch beat up on the lake this morning at Henderson.. NOAA Marine said 1 footers or less and it ended up easy 3 footers and some bigger fishing from my 18 foot Lund  Alaskan.. We took a couple over the bow before we said uncle.after fishing about 6 hours. I also lost an 400 foot copper wire and  Flasher fly to another boat that cut too close behind me and hung it on his rigger. He was also a charter captain so should have known better..There wasn't another boat within a half mile of us and nobody at all behind me. Rather than trash him on this forum I called him for an explanation and he apologized and at least offered to pay half the replacement cost.

Oh and we also got skunked so it's back to the goose fields in the morning.

Sounds about like the day I had Kevin.  Wind was supposed to be light and variable changing in afternoon to WSW. As I launched at the north end of Canandaigua the wind started up out of due south and by the time my lines were set it was 10-15 mph south and large whitecaps then rollers to a couple feet/ Had to troll with big motor against the waves and was solo so it was a constant battle. Trolled for 12 miles and not a touch pulled lines to change out and  turn around and go back north wind changed to south east strong. All my lines were covered with fleas of the worst kind and grass as well. The downrigger wires were loaded with fleas and after cleaning all off the lines boat was a total mess. The downrigger wires are still loaded with fleas....I think manual downriggers would have been welcome today in terms of a clean off. The wind blew one of my flies into life jacket and it was totally embedded so I had to bring it through and cut off the barb and things went on and on like that all the way back primarily relating to the wind. Not a real fun day but managed 3 small rainbows biggest 18 inches all released but one of them has only one eye....so he didn't have a great day either but he swam away....

Edited by Sk8man

:lol:  You said it.

I'm. Not laughing at you 2 guys, I'm laughing with you, down here in pa I thought I would do a solo trip to be by myself, and what could go wrong did. Must of been in the air today.

fishing out of pultneyville was slow for me today.Found surface temp had dropped 10 degrees from last week down to 62.The down temp was also down 100 for a temp break over 120.Marked scattered fish ,probably stick to points now for more fish.had a good rip on a slider 40 ft down.i finaly tried for some lakers deep on cowbells with little luck heard later lakers were shallower that where i fished them.Well another day on the water maybe fishless is part of the game.had to take care of other business so I didnt go later for the evening  troll which has been the most productive.

later this week and the weekend looks good. :)  :)  :)