Finger lakes perch? Are they starting to move shallower?

DJ 17

Just wondering if anyone had any info? NOT asking about specific spots just a general consensus, have they started to move a little shallower or do they seem to still be mostly suspended over deeper water? I was actually thinking about maybe trolling for them for the heck of it, if I couldn't find a jig bite.  Any thoughts?

If you are gonna troll em id go to oneida! Fish here on otisco are all moving up and in towards shore. Im marking much less suspended over the flat lake floor. DJ its nearly time for you to come back n get some fillets...ill let you know in a pm soon!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just wondering if anyone had any info? NOT asking about specific spots just a general consensus, have they started to move a little shallower or do they seem to still be mostly suspended over deeper water? I was actually thinking about maybe trolling for them for the heck of it, if I couldn't find a jig bite.  Any thoughts?

I did some of that last year but didn't have a clue what I was doing...... I would think if you have a good rig for walleye that get's perch now and then I'd try that...... hope to give it a try in my new ride before the end of my season....

Oneida really isnt to difficult to troll for eyes and perch...check out miss em's post in the walleye section. I used to have very similar results when I trailered. Id make a run up with either of you Ed and DJ. I dont have much time left...have to be SOON! Either way Miss em laid it out in detail for you guys and its a very easy lake...other than it can get ROUGH in a small or slow boat...not that you have much to worry about ED!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm always looking for ways to improve my fishing ability no matter what the type of presentation.

I would love to tag along or bring my boat and learn a new way to fill the freezer with perch.