ever seen this

I think you are reading your depth finder correctly, some of the seasoned folks have mentioned that they see the fish STREAKING towards their lures, I have noticed this myself when fishing for lakers, balls 10ft off the bottom and a strait line towards my rig,with a hook up seconds later. I'm sure someone with a lot more experience will chime in and be more helpful.

Thats exactly correct......Get on youtube...there is some awesome underwater footage of Kings chasing baits. They appear, swipe at a bait up to a half dozen times before they hook up or loose interest.  We just went with the Furuno 587 and Ive seen more streakers ( with this unit) than ever. Kinda gets you frustrated seeing fish swim up to your rigs and not chew. Thats why its called fishing...With all this improved technology, the bottom line is you can't make the fish chew....Tight lines

Edited by Missdemeanor

This year I had the pleasure of watching a king follow along my torpedo on the starboard rigger set at 75 ft. It was tracking along with the other three riggers set at different depths but I knew the one he was following and said to my partner that day. If that fish ever drops back from the weight he will probably swing at that mag spoon following 15 ft back. He disappeared and I looked back at it and pointed and said watch!...10 seconds later off and running! Yeehaw! Just like it was supposed to happen that way..ha ha

Cent frum my notso smart fone