Wanted Still looking for Starcraft Fishmaster or similar boat

dukhnter8

Should have jumped on a couple I looked at earlier but hesitated and I screwed up, then lately i am the second caller and the first person always buys the one I'm interested in. Seems like there are none around right now for sale that are in my price range. Looking for a 17-19' Fishmaster or similar under $10,000, trying to find a late 90's-early 2000's with 90 hp or so with livewell and storage. I did see the one in Hamlin (his definition of great shape and mine are very different). I'm hoping that people are still using them and more will be coming onto the market soon. Let me know what you have or know about. I have been looking daily on numerous sites. Thanks

Yeah, saw the one in OH. Should have put I want an outboard and full windsheild,  otherwise I probably would have jumped on the one Eyespy had on here.

Woody, I think I know the one your talking about and thought it was sold, but if you see it again and want to grab the number for it that would be cool. thanks

Edited by dukhnter8

I was in the same place a couple years ago and ended up going to CT to buy an Alumacraft.  I love the boat, Its a 175 Dominator with a 115 E-Tec on it, and has all the things you are talking about.  I wish it was a little longer but other than that its great. It's 94" wide and handles the water great. Let me know if you would like more info

i wanted a outboard too but have changed since the purchase of the 2001 fishmaster especially with the lay out that i have. I have the same boat as the one in ohio but 125 merc. Now looking at both boats i have compared layouts. On the i/0 version even with the dog house you have so much more room in the back of the boat. Essential you get full 20 ft of your boat plus the jump seats in the back seem really nice as well if you plan on using it for pleasure. With the outboard you lose a good 2.5 feet. Netting fish is not difficult with the outboard but i can see how the cut outs for the 2001 year would have awesome! just my .02

Edited by salmonite

Dukhunter....I hear ya on wanting an outboard for those purposes. Originally I was in the same thinking. I did grow accustomed to the doghouse and grew to favor it. Plus if anything mechanical were ever to go wrong (luckily it hasn't) I feel much more comfortable working on a "car" engine as opposed to an outboard where I have much less knowledge. And winterizing is a snap in my 3.0L, pull 2 plugs and run rv antifreeze through the hoses til it's flushed out. That being said its still not as easy as an outboard..... just thought I'd relay my experience with my boat

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Check out the Lowe FS and FM 175 and 185. You should be able to get a 2004+ for the price range you are looking in. I have a 175 and its a heck of a boat! Not as deep or wide as the newer Fishmasters. But you'll get a newer boat that fishes great in 2's or less. The sea nymph Great Lakes Specials are nice too!

dukhnter8

I know you want a fishmaster, and newer....buy my brother has an older 19 sea nymph listed on this site.   No vested interest if he

sells it, LOL....but I ran one from 10 seasons, and loved it.  Older boat....but maybe it fits your budget.......

John

Thanks for all the help ended up with a Superfisherman but should work well. 

Nothing wrong with that at all.  It's what I have.  Gets you out there most days on the big O and it's good for fishing ANY species.  A great boat.