Klinchers

Clarke,

I got my Walker Clincher/Release from Fish 307 online. Works great, at least to 10 ft down :)

I went by Rod's boat yesterday, it's in the #1 bay and Rod said it may be ready by the weekend. You guys going?

Greg

ERABBIT, this is the first time I've seen any indication that the clincher won't work with the coated cable for S&T units. Could you elaborate or at least give more details on your first hand knowledge. I just put the first 5 hours on mine in shallow water and it worked fine, don't want to learn the hard way.

Thanks

Greg

The Klinchers and the Walker Clincher/Releases both work fine with a coated cable like that on a SubTroll or Depth Raider.

I believe there was a tutorial complete with photos on here showing how to make the connections for maximum signal strength.

I've used a klincher connection on my SubTroll coated cable for two years (80+ trips a year) with no mishaps. Hope I didn't just jinx myself........

ERABBIT, this is the first time I've seen any indication that the clincher won't work with the coated cable for S&T units. Could you elaborate or at least give more details on your first hand knowledge. I just put the first 5 hours on mine in shallow water and it worked fine, don't want to learn the hard way.

Thanks

Greg

Greg mine was one day when I was ready to put the probe on the Blacks release broke in my hand (lucky), I have mine rigged so you cantake the probe off when not in use. Any way it was a little lumpy out and I got the klincer out to get the rigger back on with out the probe. I use klincers on the other two riggers with out any problems (so far). I hooked it up a few times and each time I put pressure on it the cable would slide thru and out of the klincer. Maybe it was because the cable was wet or just not getting it quite right on the lumpy water but that's what happen and that's why I posted up the above reply.

would it be better to strip the insulation off the coated cable before running it thru the clincher? Not sure if that is the issue causing slippage. I am running a s/t probe for first time this year and got my clinchers from Cabela's. Any input above and beyond shown on the LOTSA site would be appreciated.

Gill-T the only one that had any problem with slippage was me and it was on the water. When I mentoned Ray K above that was a JOKE we have NEVER talked about them at all that I can remember (I'll remove that now).

I would be interested in how anyone is using them for a sub-troll hook up if you can remove the probe. Mine is good down to 160' then I lose my read-out.